ReMixes with Cellos

OMG_BBQ

Hello all, I'm trying to find and compile as many OC ReMixes as I can with cello in them. Stuff like "The Italian Plumber" by Mehawich for example... can anyone think of anything off the top of their heads? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

After doing a spontaneous piano & cello jazz improv on Summertime with my cousin-in-law, I have a few ideas for jazz cello and piano duet remixes, although it could be a while before they actually get recorded since she lives a few hours away. Not sure she'd want to do a game mix either; she's not a gamer and is a good 10+ years older than me.

Hey just curious, but why do you want these ReMixes? Random craving fo cellos? Its happened to me with organs, not human organs, musical organs.

Nice clarification. I guess my remix of the King's Quest VI music that the skeletons play in the underworld where I was planning on making a marimba from human bones is out then? ;)

And yes, I know that bones aren't organs.

Sorry to be pedantic (well, ok, so I'm not really sorry, actually I thrive on being pedantic), but it's a touch misleading to say that viola and cellos are almost exactly the same. They are both members of the violin family, but the differences are numerous:

- The viola is held like a violin, and is only slightly larger than a violin. The cello is over twice as big and is held upright between the knees, resting on an endpin.

- significant difference in tone - Although lower pitched, the cello has a brighter and more resonant quality, whereas the viola is softer and less piercing than the other string instruments. Anyone reasonably familiar with string instruments could tell the two apart by ear most of the time without much difficulty. (The difference in timbre between viola and cello is actually quite comparable to that between alto and tenor vocalists.)

- vast difference in playing technique - If you'd ever heard me trying to play a viola, you wouldn't question this one, trust me...

Strictly speaking, it would be more accurate to say that a viola is almost the same as a violin pitched a fifth lower. (Of course I've known viola players who would complain about this statement, saying the viola is a completely different beast and many violinists who double on viola don't play it properly.)

Hey just curious, but why do you want these ReMixes? Random craving fo cellos? Its happened to me with organs, not human organs, musical organs.

Yeah, I've just been kind of into cellos lately, and I love OC ReMixes but there's so many these days I couldn't remember all the ones I'd heard with cello, so... yeah. And I totally hear you with the organs.

God, I love organs...

AeroZ made a remix recently that uses cello fairly prominantly. Unfortunately, it wasn't accepted to OCR due to the limited source usage, but I think you'll like it a lot. It's called Amazon's Afterwork, you can find it on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/freijman

For those of you who like viola, mother and I may be doing another collab sometime soon where viola will be pretty prominent. I'll keep you posted!