OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Yeah, the day that I was in first place, and Zuz Vahn Paktu first came to the server.... was a complete joy. Buh bye 2000 pts. lol

If you're REALLY concerned with your point count. Do as Edge has said. Play engie or even moreso, Medic. If you wanna have more fun, play anything else :D

i was joking, really :)

points are nice for nothin more than braggin rights. it can just be frustrating see them siphoned away so quickly on a couple of lucky frags

So I got something that I said I would consider - mainly, one of the ZUZ guys contacted me asking whether they could have their server advertised, and in exchange they would advertise the OCR server. If people wouldn't mind this, what type of advertising form would you accept - motd, in game, in chat, etc.? If not, tell me as well.

I wouldn't mind hearing about their server on the forums, though! Where can I find it? What is their rotation?

But that's all I really want. I'd love to learn more about the ZUZ server outside the OCR server yet still in the OCR community (including mIRC), but I'd rather not advertise on the OCR TF2 server itself.

I'm not sure what my position on the advertising would be, I agree that the OCR server is very often full as it is, and that it probably doesn't need more advertising. I'm definitely not against ZUZ either, as I'm friends with a few of them and they're all good players, I'm not sure what the situation is with their server, but I rather just avoid advertisements altogether if possible. If it's in the server info screen or in the first post in the thread or something I've got not problems with it.

games were made to be enjoyed and be fun and they allow each user to enjoy them in their own unique way which is why they are more fun than tv or movies because with those everyone is forced to enjoy them the same way

i never said your way of enjoying them is wrong because there is no wrong way to enjoy them

@ Atmuh: Are we talking Melee or Brawl here? I used to play Melee competitively...but absolutely detest Brawl. Given, I was never really 'serious business' about it to the extent we're talking.

@ Bahamut: I'm glad you joined ZUZ. They, well, the 3 that I talk to (Wish, Vahn, Seldon) seem like a good group of guys. One of the other ones, the name eludes me, seemed like....well, annoying, but the 3 I know seem cool.

It does strike me as odd, though, that they just let open the flood gates like that. No offense meant or anything, but they recruited 3 people in the course of 1 game...?

Well, they don't have a lot of people, which is required if you want to play in leagues and such, and there's some solid players on the OCR server, so it's only natural to try to fish around for more on a server they like to frequent.

Personally, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to improve at a competitive level. I don't care for being the best, but if I can accomplish all of the tricks of the trade for various classes, then I'll be happy. If not, well then it still provides me with something fresh to do.

So I finally bought a microphone, so you all can make fun of the fact that my voice isn't nearly as manly or impressive as you may have imagined.

The thing holding me up before was that I had a mic, but I guess it was incompatible with VISTA because I could never get it to work on my new machine. Yes, I tried whatever advice you may suggest. So I finally gave up and just bought a USB mic. It now works like a charm.

Of course, In have no idea how to talk while playing TF2, so I may have some growing pains.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: What key do other people have binded to voice? "V" didn't seem to make sense, so I'm trying "F" but now I can't go right and talk at the same time. Suggestions?