OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I need to go back to feeling this way. I'm just starting to get so frustrated lately on overplayed maps when people know where the sentries are without seeing them first. I suppose I'd be less frustrated if I didn't play Engineer, but then, who would?

Well, given that once you know where the points and chokepoints are, you expect sentries to be near them...

Plus the beeping of the sentries make it clear when one is there.

@ sephfire: I agree. It's getting much harder to play Engineer and Spy as the general population gets smarter.

Attention: due to the silly amount of pyros about, I decided last night to stop playing Pyro for a long while. I'm tired of there being 4 Pyros and feeling guilty about playing it.

I picked up pyro for a bit today and it's still a lot of fun imo, even if there's loads of other pyros. I still don't see the appeal in the flaregun and I laugh in the face of pyros who try to use it while I'm blasting them with the shotgun, so mirror matchups generally tend to go well for me. Axtinguishing people is highly satisfying too.

Scout is still the most fun class to play IMO, but it gets ruined too often by a huge amount of turtling engineers and pyros around every corner (and SMG crits :P).

i hate it when i've been havin a good day and then some smurf assrapes me for 300 points in half a dozen frags

not that points MATTER. BUT THEY DO

Yeah, the day that I was in first place, and Zuz Vahn Paktu first came to the server.... was a complete joy. Buh bye 2000 pts. lol

My point count has moved very well due to the engi work ive been doing lately :D

If you're REALLY concerned with your point count. Do as Edge has said. Play engie or even moreso, Medic. If you wanna have more fun, play anything else :D

As far as I'v seen, Engie, Medic, and Spy are the classes that produce the most points. Engie's are just fuckin' silly with it, too...

Speaking of points, I've decided that I really don't care as much as I used to about them. I think I lost some REALLY high amount of points today (~1000) due to a few factors (trying out Soldier, Gravelpit about 4 times, my Demoman, the ZUZ players). But it's cool.

[Edit:]

Also, I'm with Tensei about the Flare Gun. I have yet to hear anything that says 'Oh, wow, that WOULD be worth a shot.' Generally when I point this out, the 21 pyros on my team tell me that it's good for snipers...but that's a load of shit. Any sniper worth anything would be far enough away so that they would have ample time to move out of the way, even while in scope.

So the server now has 30 max players? I've yet to see it above 24 yet, but it looks like it's set for 30. Are some of those reserved slots or something?

MY NEXT GOAL: Unlock (and eat) sandviches. No more excuses. Also, no achievement servers allowed. I learned my lesson from Medic back when you needed all of the achievements for the uber saw.