OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Atmuh: when you get the chance can you please please PLEASE get rid of badlands on the rotation and replace it with something like hydro that we never play but is actually good

Thoughts?

Well, I'm not a big fan of Badlands, but it's still better than Hydro.

Do non-rotation maps come up on RTV? If so, then take it out, we can always vote it in, if not, take it out anyway since there's enough admins around to put it in.

Yes, non-rotation maps come up on RTV.

Atmuh: when you get the chance can you please please PLEASE get rid of badlands on the rotation and replace it with something like hydro that we never play but is actually good

Thoughts?

If there are enough people who hate Badlands, it'll get RTVed. If there aren't, he can play on a different server.

Then EVERYBODY wins! :D j/k

(But seriously, atmuh is dumb irl.)

Fun map last night, with the two buildings. Downtown, I think it was called? It's got a few issues but I loved how fast paced it was. That one game, where a Kritzkrieg'd soldier blew the hell out of three of us on a control point, winning the game by a hair? Good stuff.

Fun map last night, with the two buildings. Downtown, I think it was called? It's got a few issues but I loved how fast paced it was. That one game, where a Kritzkrieg'd soldier blew the hell out of three of us on a control point, winning the game by a hair? Good stuff.

Yeah, Downtown is a really awesome map and it's close to what Valve themselves create. You have areas where the Snipers can perch, but you also have counter areas where the opposing teams' Snipers can pick them off as well. You have openings in the ceilings to allow picking off those who wish to capture your point. The fourth floors have nice dark areas with which to hide in and YOU CAN SHOOT OUT THE GLASS WINDOWS.

The theme of the level is really nice too, seemingly out in the middle of no where. Not only that, but it's simplicity makes it easy on the computer.

Did you find the only map you can get a consistent FPS out of then?

I haven't played Downtown yet, but it sounds fun.

I would say so, I was getting consistent 20-30 FPS on that map. Nice and smooth. There hasn't been a full server on that map yet though, but so far so good and that makes me love the map even more.

Speaking of this, are the lower admins gonna get Gravity votes ever Bahamut?

For some reason, vote_gravity is restricted to admins that have a specific flag, and it appears somewhat random as to whom those are.

Actually, there is a pattern... everyone above me in the admin configuration has it, myself and everyone below me doesn't.

Incidentally, you're right below me in the file.

P.S. Bahamut: The z flag gives you access to everything. I'm not sure why you haven't given yourself z. ;)

I would say so, I was getting consistent 20-30 FPS on that map. Nice and smooth. There hasn't been a full server on that map yet though, but so far so good and that makes me love the map even more.

In that case, I vote we play it at least once whenever Meeting_Gman is on the server.

Unless of course I hate it when I finally do play it. :)

In that case, I vote we play it at least once whenever Meeting_Gman is on the server.

Unless of course I hate it when I finally do play it. :)

:< Thanks!

Hopefully you like it, because if you don't then it will reflect poorly on everyone who said it was a good map and then you will bare a grudge against those FOR ALL ETERNITY.

:< Thanks!

Hopefully you like it, because if you don't then it will reflect poorly on everyone who said it was a good map and then you will bare a grudge against those FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Or if I don't like it it could just turn out to be gas. You never know. Honestly though, I can't see myself not liking it with other people saying it's cool. To be perfectly honest, I can't think of a single TF2 map on the server that I hate. Some are better suited for different teams and game sizes mind you while others are a little more versatile, but when you're in the sweet spot on any of them I have loads of fun.