OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Who wants to do a 6v6 vs. some people from atmuh's server? I'd like to form a team. I'm thinking me, Wes, Bonzai, Rambo, Gibbo... that's five. Need people that can play Soldiers/Scouts well. I'm decent as Soldier but Demo is my strong point.

so wait, when I said it, there was a great deal of "hurrr professional gaming," and when shpla said it, it was just ignored

huh.

I think we might as well organize like a tourney or something, since we have quite a lot of people who are interested in scrimming anyway, we could just make several teams comprised of OCR regulars and have a go at it.

this is a good idea

I think we might as well organize like a tourney or something, since we have quite a lot of people who are interested in scrimming anyway, we could just make several teams comprised of OCR regulars and have a go at it.

Hmm, lets see... if this is implying we use our normal server for said tourney, I'm against it.

The difference is between "hey let's organize this little thing for fun against some friends" vs. "hey let's organize this thing that some people may see as professional gaming". I like the idea of having a "league" of just community folks, as a slightly more organized version of our usual play. I'm all for it as long as it doesn't disrupt normal play which is why the 2nd server would be nice to have.

P.S. [bACON] needs more people.

edit:

I'd join if there was room for pyro/engie.

I guess the other thing we can do with it is "break the mold" of standard 6v6 TF2 (2 soldiers, 2 scouts, demo, medic) since we wouldn't be doing it under anyone else's umbrella. I wouldn't want it to be too rigid but there should be some guidelines in place to keep it competitive.