MAGFest 7: Jan. 1st - 4th, 2009

Bahamut

I'll be there with my girlfriend and crew. This time, I'll try not to pass out on the JamSpace stage...or whatever I ended up doing that Saturday night. :oops: Thank you, tequila.

Also, I was thinking of making an OCR Rock Band. Takers? I might end up running the tournament, and I'll probably be playing with said crew, but we shall see.

I fully intend to jam once again to Toejam Jammin' and Magus's theme. And Toejam would definitely benefit from a good bassist (we didn't have anybody on bass last year)

i'll chalk it up on the list geoffrey. are there any good drummers coming that can hold their own? i am gonna try to get my friend to come down who's an awesome drummer and a video game addict.

probably a little early...but maybe we should start another thread for jamspace, so we can get a consensus for material and available performers.

if i am coming, i am a good drummer that can hold his own. Better percussionist tho.

i wish i could see you rock out those vibes or marimba drumultima

Fuck yes. Those in jamspace last year heard my awesomeness that was the intro to Chrono Cross's Main theme.

Let's go for the whole thing this time guys

oh, hells ya

i'll chalk it up on the list geoffrey. are there any good drummers coming that can hold their own? i am gonna try to get my friend to come down who's an awesome drummer and a video game addict.

Yeah. I've been practicing for a special performance dedicated to one of the MAGFest guests this year. I also jammed with Tauce, Shnab, and others to Toejam and Magus... We DEFINITELY made Magus rawk... \m/

I'm really wanting to go, but unless I can raise around $800 for airfare and a hotel room it's looking a little grim...

If you think it's $800 for a plane ticket and hotel room you're not looking hard enough :) Last time I flew in [from SeaTac] and got a non-stop roundtrip ticket for ~$400 or $450-something. Ticket prices sometimes get lower when New Years gets close. I think I got my tickets in November or December last year.

OH YEAH! M7!

I've been looking forward to this since my plans fell out last year for M6. I will most definitely be there. Been saving up since before last year and I think I already have enough. Not to mention funds from Christmas and b-day I'll be recieving.

I'll be flying in to somewhere (haven't decided where yet) with SiMV. As for the rooming, I have to figure a couple things out first, but we may be looking for a couple roomies. I think we might be flying in on Dec. 31 for New Years as well, just because we have nothing better to do.

I'll be bringing my piece of shit Yamaha alto saxophone and I'll try to talk SiMV into bringing his trombone along.

Also, I was thinking of making an OCR Rock Band. Takers?

Only if I can have guitar. Drums, I can survive on hard. Bass is too boring on most songs for me...singing...ugh, don't get me started. As for guitar, I don't mean to brag, but I am a kickass Guitar Hero player. I haven't played Rock Band that much, but I've pretty well mastered GH.

The problem is that I'm flying from PDX, not SeaTac. I'm also trying to land at the airport that has the shuttle to the hotel (I don't have a license and thus can't rent a car to drive there)...

I would seriously see about going in through SeaTac - I think you can take a train or a greyhound up here and IMO that'd be worth saving a few hundred bucks!

I am most definitely planning on attending. I saw the message on Facebook pop up, parents OK'd it, and I didn't see the thread crop up until just now.

I live in Burke VA, just a few miles out of DC, so technically I could drive up and back every day, but personally I think it'd be better to get and share a hotel room - more convenient, fun, etc. Haven't committed to anything so far, but feel free to PM me if you're looking for another guy to room with or whatever.

EDIT: And feel free to pack me in with as many others to cut costs. I don't mind.

I am most definitely planning on attending. I saw the message on Facebook pop up, parents OK'd it, and I didn't see the thread crop up until just now.

I live in Burke VA, just a few miles out of DC, so technically I could drive up and back every day, but personally I think it'd be better to get and share a hotel room - more convenient, fun, etc. Haven't committed to anything so far, but feel free to PM me if you're looking for another guy to room with or whatever.

EDIT: And feel free to pack me in with as many others to cut costs. I don't mind.

I'm glad to see that you're planning on attending, Spork Deter.

As for general rooming plans, I'll have to see what the rest of the JamSpace staff is doing as far as rooming before I commit to anything. Also, my girlfriend will be attending MAGFest.