Late to the party: Kingdom Hearts

Nekofrog

So I've had Kingdom Hearts for over a year now, my GF played it for a week or two, and then stopped because she got busy. Now I've decided to pick it up and play through it because I've got no job and have nothing better to do in between interviews and sending applications.

When the hell does this game get less gay with these stupid kids and get to the cool Disney stuff? I needs me Donald, lots and lots of Donald. I couldn't give two shits about Riku or Kairi or that kid with huge yellow fucking clownshoes.

oh shit, my girlfriend is playing this RIGHT NOW ALSO, she averages two levels beaten a day (!!)

anyway, you'll get to the disney stuff soon enough, just collect the shit for your raft first.

only thing about you finally getting to disney is,

SPOILERS

the first level is alice in wonderland.

Yeah, you kinda have to wade through the fetch quests in the beginning before getting to the good stuff. If you don't obsessively try to beat Tidus Selphie and Wakka all at once it shouldn't take too long though.

Regardless of its sometimes terrible fanbase KH is incredible.

What? No one has posted that video of the annoying guy ranting about Kingdom Hearts?

Good. It's not that funny and it's been done to death.

I never got into the series... seems kind of "meh" in a lot of ways.

Nice music though. Was Simple and Clean made for the game or before?

pretty sure it was for

I'll show you what for

Kingdom Hearts is one of those games with the magic of it all and nothing else. I mean, the level design and the story aren't all that great, and a lot of the music isn't that good (save the boss songs and Simple and Clean). The gameplay is sort've meh too. Really, you only like it because of your favorite Disney and FF Chars.

KHII did improve quite a bit though. The whole dual-wielding thing was really fun. The Triangle button things added a lot to it, too.

What? No one has posted that video of the annoying guy ranting about Kingdom Hearts?

Good. It's not that funny and it's been done to death.

I never got into the series... seems kind of "meh" in a lot of ways.

Nice music though. Was Simple and Clean made for the game or before?

The one where he compares KH2 to Resident Evil 4? Because that video was unbelievably hilarious.

And yes, Simple and Clean was written for the game, alothough I'm proud to say I totally forget who did it. My years of nerd may finally be wearing off.

Speaking of Donald...is it me or are Donald and Goofy more "mature" in KH2? I mean there were cutscenes where they were chiming in a conversation about something I can't recall...and it sounded so funny and out of place because their voices don't match with the stuff they were talking about...I kind of liked that. I also remember Donald using a word I didn't even have in my dictionary. It was this big word that you would never see him say in a Disney cartoon. lol. Trying to remember what it was. Either way, it made me feel a bit stupid. :P

I wasn't a huge fan of Simple and Clean. I preferred the original song Hikari which was in the Japanese version. No, it has nothing to do with nerdom as much as it has to do with the fact that they changed the chorus around in the English version and unfortunately I find it grating.

I didn't have this problem with Sanctuary, although I still prefer Passion.

Anyway, agreed on the level design of both games actually. To be honest, I don't think KH2 really added that much in terms of... Well anything really. The combat system was relatively unchanged save for the context-sensitive Triangle button presses and a few more tweaks here and there. Levels were the same kind of drab that lacked interaction just like the first, etc.

But you know what? Screw that shit. I still love the music, the atmosphere, and the silly Disney/Square-Enix crossover plot that took me back to when I was a kid who loved Disney. KH2 took a cool plot, tied up some loose ends here and there, added more character depth, and opened up a whole can of worms of stuff to be covered in future games. It was great.

Fun bit of dumb trivia: Anyone notice that the Square logo was changed for the Greatest Hits re-release of KH1? In the original, it was Squaresoft, while in the GH it was Square-Enix.

/nerd

I still love the music, the atmosphere, and the silly Disney/Square-Enix crossover plot that took me back to when I was a kid who loved Disney. KH2 took a cool plot, tied up some loose ends here and there, added more character depth, and opened up a whole can of worms of stuff to be covered in future games. It was great.

This is exactly what I meant by a game that has "magic" :-P

I do have a job, I just get paid monthly since I work on campus. Being that I work on campus, you can guess the shit money/hours I get. I can't complain though. I get almost 10 an hour doing next to no work. I've tried applying at other places around here, but they won't take me for reasons unknown. Asi es la vida...

Anyway, Re: CoM is U.S. bound this December I believe.