Sale/Want 3.0

prophetik music

I was wondering if we can sell computers on here as well. I have a custom pc that I built, and don't really want anymore, as I have no use for it (I have WAY too many computers at home). It is basically a ps2 chassis with pc hardware inside. I call it the ps2pc. If it is ok to sell it here, I will go ahead and post specs and pics.

The PS2PC.

This was my first custom PC project. I originally started working on this thing about 2 years ago and had high high hopes. It was going to be just like a ps2, but run windows or whatever. I think what created most of the problems in the making of were my budget restraints (had to do everything for almost free) and some were my skills with my dremel and other such tools. After working on it off and on for about 1.8 years, I decided that it must be finished, regardless of what was able to go in and what would not. Because of that, there is no internal power supply (there were some serious heat issues). Instead there are two ports on back that you can plug your own psu in (a desktop psu is required). I learned better how to make these kinds of projects after this, but here it is. My learner project.

The motherboard inside is the Via Epia M1000

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=81

os - Currently has XP Pro, but will ship with either a blank hard drive (20GB) or some version of Linux. Or if you want to purchase a Windows OS (Vista will not work on this thing) we can probably make some kind of arrangemt where you provide some additional money and I will buy it and install it for you.

Specs

CPU (integrated) - 1.0Ghz w/fan

Video - Integrated w/ 16MB memory

Ram - 1GB DDR 400

Hard drive - 20 GB ide/pata

PSU - None (see details)

Optical drive - None

Onboard ports-

Sound (in, out, mic), 1x Parallel, 1x serial, 1x video (the yellow one), 1x s-video,

1x vga, 2x usb, 1x Ethernet 10/100, PS/2 ports (keyboard/mouse). There is only one fan in the system which is on the CPU heatsink, approx. 25mm. That all being said, I'll sell it for $200 + s/h, because it does not come with a power supply.

Below are the pics. Half of them or so were taken long ago when I first started

working on this project.

EDIT: If you would like me to integrate a power supply and include a power brick as well, add $100 (total with blank hard drive or linux would then be $300 + s/h)

PM me for any additional details

M1000 Motherboard in chassis

CIMG0183.jpg

Finished Front end

IMG_0703.jpg

Finished back end

IMG_0706.jpg

Running XP

IMG_0711.jpg

I had wanted to use a small psu for it (pico psu ftw) but didn't know where I could find one at the time. Now I know, so if no one is interested in buying it as is, then I will go ahead and purchase one and install it. There is actually plenty of space inside for such a small psu. Back when I was first working on it, I had decided to put in a small desktop psu without its casing. That is what lead to the heat issues. As it is now though, you could easily fit another desktop hard drive in it. (maybe not TOO easily, but easily enough.)

EDIT: Come to think of it, if anyone is interested, just tack on $100 and I will go ahead and put a pico psu in it instead of requiring you to have your own.

i'm going to post a 'want' for parts that i can use in a future oil-immersion pc that i want to build. basically, if it's old, i can probably use it at least a little bit. i'm taking advantage of people pushing their older stuff out the door now that core i7 is out and intel is cutting prices like an emo on depressants =)

edit: sobou, you are the man. for your efforts with keeping your post updated, i put big sets at the top of the page.

Kind of funny. I had heard of doing this before from my father-in-law of all people, but after watching that video, my friend and I decided to go and get a bunch of mineral oil and do this. So at midnight or so, we hit up 2 walmarts and bought all their mineral oil. You have to buy it in smaller containers there, but it is fairly cheap, so it comes to about the same price you could get elsewhere. Gonna use it for an old rambus mobo I have laying around here. I even have a recently vacated fish tank we can put it in lol.

it's a horse laxative, so you can buy it from a vet or an agro store or something. i'd not suggest using the stuff at walmart, it's not as high of quality. my father-in-law has some horses, and i'm just going to get a few big containers from him. it's pretty cheap, all told, and puget says that they've only needed to change the oil once - and they didn't change it, they just filtered it.

That's pretty damn awesome. But if the oil keeps it cool, why do you need a fan in there?

i'm going to post a 'want' for parts that i can use in a future oil-immersion pc that i want to build. basically, if it's old, i can probably use it at least a little bit.

Does this mean you'll take any old parts for even a tiny bit of dolla dolla?

Because even that amount is more good than said junk is doing me right now.

You would use it to circulate the oil. The stuff is somewhat of an insulator, being so viscous and all, that circulation is a good idea. Also, it would mostly be an annoyance to remove the fan if it functions just as well with it on than without it. And apparently the bubbles did some good there too. whodathunkit?

Anybody want any old vg systems? I'm talking Intellivision, Odyssey, Atari, etc.? I bought a bunch to collect and have since realized that collecting is lame when you move often like I have. Also, financial depreciation on electronics is fairly lame. I can give a more complete list if anyone is interested.

Anybody want any old vg systems? I'm talking Intellivision, Odyssey, Atari, etc.? I bought a bunch to collect and have since realized that collecting is lame when you move often like I have. Also, financial depreciation on electronics is fairly lame. I can give a more complete list if anyone is interested.

accurate system info would be excellent so i can post it.

You would use it to circulate the oil. The stuff is somewhat of an insulator, being so viscous and all, that circulation is a good idea. Also, it would mostly be an annoyance to remove the fan if it functions just as well with it on than without it. And apparently the bubbles did some good there too. whodathunkit?

this is correct. the cpu fan isn't required, though, so i can take that out.

pez, whatcha got? i want a decent office-based rig, so if you've got anything relatively useful i might be interested.

edit: updated now.

I also have an old Dell Dimension 2400 sitting around if you want that. It's got a 2.4ghz P4 processor. It has a FX 5200(pci) in it and a gig of ram. It has a sound card too but I have to pull that out of my other system (not being used in it). Give me an estimate or PM if you want more details.

I'm Selling a 2nd Gen model of a NES, with about 30 games, wireless brick, and a duckhunt gun with 2 controllers.

PM me if you want more info, it will be gone this comming saturday. I do not use it enough. So, I am selling it to a gaming store for some cash.

If no offers are made before hand, well, not my fault, it will then be property of a gaming store. If you are going to purchase it, and need time to get the money. I will need a definite answer that you will buy it.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the gameshop and ill only get $30 for the system, in store credit which is not what I want. I want cold hard cash, Check, Paypal whatever. So this is for sale, make me on offer PM for more details if you are interested. Plus. $30 that's bullshit right there