First 8 minutes of Resident Evil: Degeneration

Meeting_Gman

http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14269199/vids_1.html

Resident Evil: Degeneration is a full-length CG movie. It is to be released on December 17th on DVD and Blu-ray.

Alyson Court continues the role of Claire, so if you've played RE2 or RE: CV, her voice will be a familiar one and hey, Steven J Blum is in it too.

The animation is a little stiff and CG looks a bit dull at times, but it was entertaining.

Enjoy!

Haha, that was pretty cool. I'm still not sure whether or not I like the animation but it didn't detract from the presentation that much.

*clip spoilers*

Once the zombies inevitably started appearing the film got really engrossing. I thought it was funny how they fell out of the plane in droves. Gotta love zombies.

Wow, nobody hates it? (hidden text may ruin it for you, beware): The waggly mocap and dead eyes? The awkward dialog? The stale, plasticky rendering? I just can't get past this stuff to pay attention to the story.

This kind of stuff is fine for cut-scenes, but I've come to demand a little more from 3D CG movies...

Wow, nobody hates it? (hidden text may ruin it for you, beware): The waggly mocap and dead eyes? The awkward dialog? The stale, plasticky rendering? I just can't get past this stuff to pay attention to the story.

This kind of stuff is fine for cut-scenes, but I've come to demand a little more from 3D CG movies...

Are you sure you have played any RE games?

The CG was never a strong point in the series, so my expectations for CG quality in the movie were minimal at best. I think that's why you don't hear many a gripe, most truly weren't expecting Square quality CG here.

(EdgeCrusher) It's true, I've only played most of RE4, but those cutscenes aren't pre-rendered. I just figure that since there is no gameplay to worry about in a movie, they'd have more bandwidth to focus on writing and rendering.

(Meeting-Gman) As for the graphics not being a strong point in the series, maybe it's a matter of taste, but I think Capcom's humans are some of the best looking humans in games today.

Maybe I'm more forgiving of real time graphics. Or, maybe the team that worked on the movie just isn't as talented/skilled as the RE4 character team. In any case, I just think the movie could look and sound a lot better.

Well, look, anyway. You make a convincing argument, Sinewav... :razz: