OCR NorCal Meetup!

bustatunez

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Please make sure to look at that google maps location, and verify that your GPSes or iPhones or whatever are actually seeing the PRESIDIO intersection of Funston Ave and Lincoln Blvd.

What's confusing is that there is actually *another* and completely irrelevant Funston Ave down in the Richmond district, which isn't terribly far away. Even worse, there's a Lincoln Ave., which is more popular, also down south a bit. So make sure you get yourself to the Presidio first and foremost - Lyon and Lombard is the closest intersection outside of the Presidio, in fact that's where the Presidio gate is located.

(if you must know, the reason for this confusion is that the Presidio is actually an old army base, and only recently became inhabited by civilians. So most if not all the street names are duplicates from the rest of the city.)

I still think a firm address for that parking lot would be simpler, since it would only be a single street name to deal with. If you ever do find out the address of that parking lot (or an outlet in the lot), please do go ahead and post it here.

I'll check in every so often to see if you've given us an update.

Other than that, really looking forward to tomorrow.

Will I look dumb if I wear an OCR tee?

Darzamat tee it is, then.

I've seen pictures with nearly everyone in OCR shirts, but if I'm the only one wearing one, I'm afraid I would look like the equivalent of a Californian tourist wearing an open palm tree button-up with flowery trunks.

Feel special ladies and gentlemen, ordinarily I never care what I'm wearing.

San Fransisco beach weather. Should I dress for the cold?

If you need a numbered address, Lucasarts is 1 Letterman Drive (San Francisco 94129). You'll probably/hopefully enter via the Presidio gate at Lombard & Lyon streets.

After entering the gate you'll notice the Lucasfilm complex to your right. Continue west for a block or so and make a slight right onto Letterman Drive. From there, simply continue until the 4-way intersection and make a right onto Lincoln Blvd.

Then continue on Lincoln until you see an extremely large parking lot to your left, at the point of which it seems like the road just stops and becomes a huge parking lot.

I made a bit of a goof but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much - Lincoln & Funston is actually in fact the YMCA's lot, you should be able to park there anyways but what I meant was Lincoln Blvd & Anza Ave. THIS is the inexplicable gigantic parking free-for-all that's a safer bet to use, a bit further down the road.

Sorry for these last minute directions but honestly it's real easy once you get to the Presidio, I recommend getting yourself to Lyon and Lombard first and then making your way from there. Give me a call if you have any confusion. Seeya there, safe travels!

Bring clothing in case it gets a bit chilly, bring beach towels too maybe.

And don't not-wear OCR stuff just cuz you think it's uncool, I wear my OCR hoodie to work every day and have an OCR bumpersticker on my office window. And chances are I'll wear a metal gear t-shirt. So do what you want - It's a videogame company for pete's sake! ;-)

Thoughts about the meetup before I roll out with some pictures:

Was great to see and hang out with everyone. Tour was fun as shit (even if we didn't get to see the archives YOU BIG JERK I HATE YOU :( <3 ) Glad everyone who could make it actually made it, and I have no idea unfortunately how Batoosee got home. Arek wanted to high tail it really early because it apparently was cold sleeping on the floor. YOU WUSSY.

SLyGeN spent a lot of the night barfing in the bathroom and then resting off said barfing in the bathroom, but after that he and Revolution (intended :D ) Orange had some pretty cool convo's, even though I was a loud obnoxious drunk.

Speaking of which damn everyone else for not taking that tequila away from SLyGeN, except maybe for starla who tried to but I took it away from her and finished it because I only got one goddamn gummi worm! Wait, no, I got two, because starla gave me one of hers later.

I don't remember ALL of last night, I'd say 40% is crystal clear, 60% is fuzzy. I do at one point remember someone calling zircon and rambling and then passing the phone to more people who would talk. I also remember talking to Ibanez whilst blasted which apparently was lols. I also THINK I fell face first into Arek's crotch but that's going to have to be verified by someone else.

I got a shitton of footage of that night, almost all of it because I got drunk. Also let me apologize for being loud and repeating myself, that has never happened before (... and I've been drunker than that *rimshot* :D ).

Let me also address the issue of the bus.

You should have seen it. You have no idea how big it was.

bigbus.jpg

This? Has nothing on that motherfucking bus, man. NOTHING.

On to the pictures

Lukas/our wonderful and amazing host who put up with more than he should have had to that night checking his e-mail and working whilst giving us a tour.

img00044t.jpg

As soon as I saw this hanging up on the wall, I HAD to get a fucking picture. It's only now that I'm realizing how fucking ironic it was that I was wearing that shirt.

img00045m.jpg

Aaron (Global-Trance -- or as Arek and I secretly dubbed him G-dash) flashing the westside with a clone trooper helmet he found on a random mannequin (Busta: "put that the fuck back where you got it" rofls)

img00047x.jpg

Aaron (Global-Trance) and Batoosee taking pictures and looking like they're posing for an album cover at the beach

img00048w.jpg

Our food for the evening. Dick burgers!

img00051b.jpg

Later on in the evening, starla and her roommate Justin joined us for the festivities. I tried to get a picture of her but either she didn't want her picture taken or she didn't realize it and got up to move right when I took it.

img00052w.jpg

The eponymous blondie!

img00056xic.jpg

I don't remember who handed the phone to me, but I'm pretty sure I was the second person, after the caller himself, to ramble at zircon's voicemail box.

In my defense, I had about 375mL of tequila and one cup of gummi worm whatsit. Sorry I whored the bathroom up so much :(

Arek, ironically enough, would not quit repeating about how I would not quit repeating things.

No pictures of me up yet :(

I was wrong about the crows camera angle, too. oops. That's cool though, we got my stupid picture from both angles :D

There was an epic air-battle of two crows, too.

how long again has it been since you been drunk?

I swear, it was the tequila for him. And me too ;P No whiskey-shits though!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68077&id=757869252&l=b7de10b6c4

I'm gonna need some help tagging, for some reason i'm not everyones friend :(

2669_68795379252_757869252_1476135_3336594_n.jpg

Poor global trance got his head cut off. On the left is Nekofrog holding the cup, embracing ever so gently with Arek. Me and Bustatunez are below.

2669_68795389252_757869252_1476137_3572681_n.jpg

Bustatunez and Global Trance

2669_68795374252_757869252_1476134_8167923_n.jpg

Arek on the far left, Bustatunez sitting down, my roommate in the middle, Revelation Orange in the back (wearing orange lololol), Global Trance in the chair, and Battousai standing on the right

2669_68795404252_757869252_1476140_4865274_n.jpg

Revelation Orange and Lukas