Diablo 2 1.13 Patch possibly as soon as next week! Join us!

Tensei

EDIT:

Well the one I've been talking about takes place tomorrow at 3 PM, if it goes well we might do it a few more times this week. Of course there's always the possibility of the patch hitting early, so it depends on that whether we'll be able to do more than one practice run.

That's good to hear that there will be other games later on. My primary concern is that those that haven't joined the first game may not have characters with the right correct levels to play with the other guys. Hence, some folk might need to create a new character to be fair to those hadn't yet had a chance. Will this be a problem?

Just curious, but will there be a chance for peeps who won't be able to make it the first game meet in later on practices. I know that those that don't might not have the a character at the level the others get, and that might force some of the players to create new ones

Well, provided that we actually have enough time to organize more than one practice run before the reset, I'll try to organize runs with as many different players as possible.

The practice runs, however, aren't required, they're only meant to streamline the leveling process once the actual reset hits, at that point everyone will have to roll a new ladder character anyway. So if you can't make it, it's not that much of a tragedy ;)

Edit: If you're talking about players doing multiple practice runs over and over, I think it'd be a good idea to just reroll for every practice run. I expect most of the issues with finding correct leveling areas will occur in Normal difficulty anyway, whereas NM and Hell will be mostly a matter of getting to Baal as quickly as possible.

That's cool to hear! I'm all aware this is just practice, but I generally don't get many chances to play with other people online.

shout/mf barb rolling i shall.

let us gingerly touch our tips!

Question: Are we talking offensive shouts (I.E. Taunt, Battle Cry), where the shout afflicts enemies, or defensive shout, which help boost team player stats? The reason I ask this is because my Tank Barbarian uses Defensive warcries and they generally mix in well with the synergies bonuses (I plan primarily use Concentrate and Berserk as my main attacks). It should be noted that Defensive warcries effects will override the last one that's been layed down.

In other words, for example, a lower level shout can replace a higher level Shout effect. It all depends on who shouts the last. So you can see the conflict there.

Also, out of curiosity, will you be dual or single wielding, or a mix between both?

That's fine, gario, since it's just a practice run it shouldn't matter that much if you're lagging a bit behind in levels.

Also, to be clear: Meet up at 3 PM EST in the channel 'ocr' on battle.net US EAST LADDER chat

If you're a bit late, we'll probably be in the game: ocr password: emix, or just /msg me (*PrincessTensei) to ask about our whereabouts.

I hope that's clear enough for everyone. :)

Yup, Necros are the shit.

I made a guy, but like I said, I won't be able to join you for about an hour, so I ran a skelly necro for an hour so I wouldn't be far behind. I may be able to pop into the chat channel for a few seconds when you all are starting but I'll need to leave for an hour after that.

Looking foward to this - I haven't played with people in a while (and last time I did I was drunk as shit - beat normal hardcore in about 4 hours smashed with three other people, direct connection... it was epic).

I'll probably be running a skelly(/CE) necro too, just because I don't know what other Necro builds are viable for PvM. I ran a good iron golemancer a long time ago, but that was an entirely different game. I could clear Hell cows nearly as fast as javazons and sorcs though.

I'll probably be running a skelly(/CE) necro too, just because I don't know what other Necro builds are viable for PvM.

For PvM, I find that Dentists (Bone-mancers using teeth as their primary skill) are quite viable, if played right. Jailers (Thorns / Bone Prison builds) are decent, but they are for more solo play (people don't like waiting for the bone prison to go down...). Not to say the good ol' skelly build isn't viable - in fact it's probably a little bit better than all these for PvM - there are viable alternatives, though (I got my HC pure bonermancer to Hell Act 3 before getting raped by some undead fetishes... I may have cried a little for that one :puppyeyes:)

Poison-mancers are excellent for PvM play as long as your online with other people (as those pesky immunities don't come into play as much, there). Golemancers, to be honest, are a gimmick - don't roll one for serious leveling. You need to be on an incredibly high level (and packed with summoning charms) in order for them to be viable. They're used to kill players outside of town without risk to yourself (If you get to that point, though, it's worth it for the 'lol, my clay golem just kicked you character's ass hard and you can't do nothin' about it!' factor.

For all of these builds, though, utilize your curses well and you'll be ahead of the game.

Personally, I prefer dentists, myself - I just wanted to help fill the role of 'damage absorber' for the run (that I couldn't make it to).

Hey, if we really want a spot on the ladder we should be practicing for some HC runs rather than normal runs - they're much more exciting and the spots don't fill up nearly as fast, anyway :-P. Anyone up for one tomorrow (4pm eastern)?

Yeahhh I was a bit too optimistic with my estimate of doing normal in 3 hours max. We got 2 acts done in two hours and two minutes, untwinked and all that, with most people being around level 20 at the end. Not a very stellar result, but good times were had (also many deaths at the hands of BEETLES!)

Also, donut, I don't understand how you could complain about bad drops since your barb was doing like 200 damage at the end, which is pretty sick for act 3 normal if you ask me :P

How about we continue our rush tomorrow, same time, same place? Or we could try again, for a faster time with people who couldn't make it today.