OverClocked After Dark - The Former Thread of Days of Yore

Brushfire

Yeah yeah Stevo, perhaps if you'd take a leaf out of Jade's book and start cracking a whip on your two co-hosts, perhaps you could get the guest queue out of the way, here's a suggestion! Have two guests on per show and spend less time with the random chatter!!! That way you don't waste extra time, and you can start clearing out the guest queue.

Yeah yeah Stevo, perhaps if you'd take a leaf out of Jade's book and start cracking a whip on your two co-hosts, perhaps you could get the guest queue out of the way, here's a suggestion! Have two guests on per show and spend less time with the random chatter!!! That way you don't waste extra time, and you can start clearing out the guest queue.

Yeah, we're not gonna be doing this. We have some episodes where we already have two guests on, but those cases its 99% because they have something to do with each other. Even then we have a long list. I like the random cohost chatter, but you see where I try to move things along.This podcast has always been, to me, taking people and things about the community and talking about them both related to the community and not. How else would we have found out Luiza's deathly afraid of coconut crabs? Or about Juan Lords' bLiNd remix and the coneydogs? Random chatter is part of what makes this OCAD!

:twisted:

Now, back to planning more randomness.

Also, we're confirmed for Chad this week. I'm gonna go figure out what the hell Captain S was before he comes on so I don't look too stupid.

Edit: just to clarify, we like giving guests their time to shine, unless they have something tied in together. For example, we're slated to have Fishy and The Damned on together in anticipation of The Missingno Tracks, and we have Palpable and diotrans on together because of Flickerfall. You get the idea.

Yeah, we're not gonna be doing this. We have some episodes where we already have two guests on, but those cases its 99% because they have something to do with each other. Even then we have a long list. I like the random cohost chatter, but you see where I try to move things along.This podcast has always been, to me, taking people and things about the community and talking about them both related to the community and not. How else would we have found out Luiza's deathly afraid of coconut crabs? Or about Juan Lords' bLiNd remix and the coneydogs? Random chatter is part of what makes this OCAD!

:twisted:

Now, back to planning more randomness.

Also, we're confirmed for Chad this week. I'm gonna go figure out what the hell Captain S was before he comes on so I don't look too stupid.

yeah, for sure, but I have to say I found it a little frustrating, as whenever someone'd ask me a question, someone else would say something funny and we'd all start talking about that. nothing wrong with it of course, it's all good and part of the show, but it gets a little frustrating after awhile haha.

also, I'm pretty much deathly afraid of any large arthropod.

*sends Luiza a giant Lobster in the mail*

Other than that, I agree with Luiza, I can tell where it's actually uncomfortable with some of the guests...the only guest that seemed to meld with you guys was bLiNd, and then Jade kinda ended up pushed to the backburner.

*sends Luiza a giant Lobster in the mail*

Other than that, I agree with Luiza, I can tell where it's actually uncomfortable with some of the guests...the only guest that seemed to meld with you guys was bLiNd, and then Jade kinda ended up pushed to the backburner.

Lobsters are exceptions... try another arthropod. haha

Hey Brushfire, you should try Mountain Dew Throwback sometime. It's Mountain Dew made with cane sugar and not High Fructose Corn Syrup. It has a much light, smoother, and sweeter taste than regular Mountain Dew.

My sense of humor is lost on everyone. Screw you guys, I'm going to Slovakia.

I understand your humor :D

Hey Brushfire, you should try Mountain Dew Throwback sometime. It's Mountain Dew made with cane sugar and not High Fructose Corn Syrup. It has a much light, smoother, and sweeter taste than regular Mountain Dew.

I understand your humor :D

imo, mountain dew throwback is just mountain dew with a weird after taste. brazilian coca-cola, which is basically "coca-cola throwback" is better than the american version though.

I agree. However, you can pick up the Mexican Coke in bottles around here which use real sugar.

Mexican Coke is much too far away from here, so for the time being I am content with complaining.

In other news, we are still mulling over the idea of doing a double cast this week for Spencer Nilsen this week, if that is what he wants to do.

What does that mean for you, the consumer. I am not entirely sure at this time, but it can't be bad right?

I almost forgot to give props to LuizA for mentioning "Wonder Dog", because that was my joint, too! Moon Mines track was my favorite.

all songs there are awesome... but I'd still say the first level, dogville, and one of the boss themes as my favorite..... and I'll marry you too. I always say that to whoever digs Wonder Dog.

Which one? There was like 6 of them.

just 6 in an hour?? this must be my all-time low...

imo, mountain dew throwback is just mountain dew with a weird after taste. brazilian coca-cola, which is basically "coca-cola throwback" is better than the american version though.

Mountain Dew Throwback fucking tastes like Diet Mountain Dew(MtnDew). Mexican Coca Cola is all over the place here, though, and that shit sells at 10 bottles for a dollar, too!

Some bad news-- due to the onslaught of Hurricane Katrina 6 Spencer Nilsen won't be able to come on the show this week-- we're in the process of rescheduling. Sorry 'bout that.

Feel free to take this time to gather together any questions you'd like us to ask on top of ours.

Thanks!