Imaginary consoles

Thin Crust

GameboyEvolution3.jpg?t=1261547553

This is something that has always bothered me about console mock-ups: pasting a screen shot from some existing game. It looks so cheesey and extra fake, that it removes the suspension of disbelieve I might have. I can look at this and think "hmmm, interesting idea" but then see the screen with its N64/PS2/whatever game image, and then it just comes off as poorly done.

Seriously, console imagineers, just leave the screen blank and concentrate on making the system look good and/or realistic.

Didn't they actually make that one already? PSP Go? Sure, this has an extra analog stick... and a bigger screen... and still has the UMD drive... but it's basically the same. Sliding screen, far too glossy for its own good, easily crack and scratched screen.

The shape is overall different, too.

Also, this was created on a computer as a joke for a "leak" of the PSP Go. :tomatoface:

Also, this was created on a computer as a joke for a "leak" of the PSP Go. :tomatoface:

Aaaaaand that was the point that you just heard going over your head. Wave bye-bye to the point, neblix. :<

The point, in case you were wondering, was that the made-up PSP was better in every way than the one they actually released. Maybe Sony should just look at all those mock-ups and base their designs around them. If any one gets all uppity about their design being chosen and not getting credit for it, Sony can just say "hey, you used our brand name and logos, just be happy we aren't suing you into bankruptcy".

Man, that would be an awesome legal fight.