Post-MAGFestivities 8

Level 99

So, who all is going to be hanging around the Virginia/DC/Baltimore area after MAG for a few days this year? Since we only all get together a few days out of the year (or years), totally need to make the most of the opportunities.

I'll try to keep this list updated with people staying and ideas:

Confirmed after MAG (and for how long):

Level 99 (lives in the area)

AeroZ (until the 12th)

Audio Fidelity (until the 9th or 10th)

Abadoss (until the 9th or 10th)

Brushfire (lives in the area)

Proposed activities:

At least one more group meal of some kind!

diotrans and I are in the area so we'd be around for hanging out! The evening of the 9th would be best, I think.

I should also mention that our band Flickerfall is gonna be in Jammin Java's annual Battle of the Bands on January 12th, so if you're sticking around that long, that's certainly something we'd love to have people come out for. :smile:

All right...damn...I'm convinced. Tell me when and where, and I'll be there, even if I've gotta hitch my way.

Also... Radio ThaSauce Live this friday night featuring a MAGFest recap, plus new music, possibly some phone calls if I can get it working, and more hilarity. If I could only get to Brushfire's to do it live, I would do so, but I did say the 8th at 8pm EST.

Get ready to get down, because Friday night... IT IS ON!

P.S.: I have to be home Sunday morning so I can work...apparently I'm... "on call" because we're going to have to load our route trucks because it's going to be cold...as in below freezing for a significant portion of the weekend. So...if I come down, I need to leave no matter what time it is (so long as I'm not a drunk at the time, lol).

Saturday seems to be the day that peoples want to hangout. OCAD also is set to record that day. Putting them together seems logical. SO our current idea is this:

Some sort of gigantic recording of OCAD with MAGFest reflections and whatnot at Brushfire's house in the afternoon.

Dinner at Medieval Times (I've actually never been myself). They do have vegetarian meals upon request, and the one we'd be going to is at Arundel Mills Mall.

Thoughts?

Okay, I'm fine with something else because it's something we just want to do before Sebastian goes back home, so I can take him another day, probably with Jay as well and whomever else wants to go.

I dunno about jamming just because we have people who would be with us who wouldn't have instruments or want to jam. I'm sure some of them would be down for a goodbye party though, hmm...

Anyone else have ideas for stuff after OCAD? Depending on what we decide for after, OCAD may happen at my place or Brush's.

I'm down for pretty much anything. Just let me know where we're meeting and how to get there. Also i will bring my mic for use in recording. If you need anything else pop me a message via fb. I'm at work right now but will answer later.

Some sort of gigantic recording of OCAD with MAGFest reflections and whatnot at Brushfire's house in the afternoon.

Dinner at Medieval Times (I've actually never been myself). They do have vegetarian meals upon request, and the one we'd be going to is at Arundel Mills Mall.

I'm down with that. Just let me know when/where.

I'm ok with Medieval Times, but I'd prefer an alternative (it is kind of pricey, and doesn't really offer much of a venue to talk since everyone's facing the same direction). I dunno what else is around Arundel Mills besides D&B and the food court though. (And don't worry too much about my dietary restrictions; I can usually find something unless it's a BBQ shack.) KF

I'd prefer an alternative (it is kind of pricey, and doesn't really offer much of a venue to talk since everyone's facing the same direction). I dunno what else is around Arundel Mills besides D&B and the food court though. (And don't worry too much about my dietary restrictions; I can usually find something unless it's a BBQ shack.) KF

I'll third the preference for something other than Medieval Times, also bc I've already gone, it's pricey, etc. Also just wanted to second not worrying about my dietry restrictions bc I can usually find something.

I don't know that we have to plan any particular special activity, what if we just get together at someone's place and hang out with drinks and video games and stuff? I can bring board games too, I have a ton.

I don't know that we have to plan any particular special activity, what if we just get together at someone's place and hang out with drinks and video games and stuff? I can bring board games too, I have a ton.

Just checked with Palpable, and we'd like to offer our place to hang out on Saturday. (Would have said so in this post before but wanted to check with him first.) It's in Fairfax, maybe about an hour away from Brushfire or Stevo's place, but we have plenty of space and board games and a Wii ^_^