Sonic 2: Special Edition

Archaon

I don't know if this is old news to most people or not, but I stumbled across something interesting today.

Apparently, there was a rehashed version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 created for the Sega CD 32X. It was never officially released, but by exploiting some inside connections, one guy was able to get a hold of it and created a Let's Play.

First of all, that's pretty awesome. There are various FMV scenes sprinkled throughout the game, and from the looks of it, you can unlock Knuckles and Amy Rose as playable characters. I had no idea this existed. However, while watching the videos, I noticed something else.

Here, the LPer goes through the Chemical Plant zone. Listen to the BGM carefully.

Sound familiar?

Am I completely out of the loop here or have there been some shenanigans going on?

I knew something was up after they showed that Muppets clip in the background.

Right. If I'd spent five more seconds watching the video I would have seen that, then I'd have realised something was wrong and not posted the thread. Or I'd have posted it pretending that it was real when I knew it wasn't. EITHER WAY I'D HAVE SAVED MYSELF A LOT OF EMBARRASSMENT REALLY.

Still, as far as the first video goes, it's not a bad hoax.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, this would have been a lot more entertaining if I'd just rolled with it and continued to act like it was genuine.

Remind me not to make any more threads at five in the morning.

Right. If I'd spent five more seconds watching the video I would have seen that, then I'd have realised something was wrong and not posted the thread. Or I'd have posted it pretending that it was real when I knew it wasn't. EITHER WAY I'D HAVE SAVED MYSELF A LOT OF EMBARRASSMENT REALLY.

Still, as far as the first video goes, it's not a bad hoax.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, this would have been a lot more entertaining if I'd just rolled with it and continued to act like it was genuine.

Remind me not to make any more threads at five in the morning.

Huh, I was suspecting BS after seeing the title screen "screenshot" with photo shopped clouds, retarded mismatched fonts, and a sudden collision of 32 and 8-bit color depths.

...Just rubbing it in :tomatoface:

Hahah, hearing that you fell for that really made me smile. Don't worry, I thought it existed until I watched the muppet part as well.

Speaking of Sonic 2, I for some reason just cannot get into the game like so many others have. I see my friends so in love with this, and I just don't get why. I get bored with it so fast. I suppose Sonic 3 spoiled me too much.

Hahah, hearing that you fell for that really made me smile. Don't worry, I thought it existed until I watched the muppet part as well.

Speaking of Sonic 2, I for some reason just cannot get into the game like so many others have. I see my friends so in love with this, and I just don't get why. I get bored with it so fast. I suppose Sonic 3 spoiled me too much.

Funny that you say that, I bought it on wii shop thinking I would be all about it but I've never put in the time to beat it because it wasn't that interesting to me.