Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

It learns Draco Meteor, which is a somewhat odd move. Using it once drops the users Special Attack two stages (not exactly Jirachi's best stat, considering it's one of the 100-stat legendaries, like Mew or Celebi. Most sets run it with Adamant or some other +Attack nature).

Of course, it's fucking powerful and since it's a Dragon-type move, one hit should be enough to wipe out most pokémon you come across. Best used to finish something off or towards the end of the battle.

On BW news... nothing in the last week. No news, updates, or even hints at anything. I guess since the games are coming out in Japan in a few more months, they are saving up news for the hype.

Hype for a pokémon game. Yeah, really need that, don't they?

3 vs 3 battles are rumored or possible to be in the game now. >U<

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Japanese variety show Oha Suta has shown a new trailer for Pokémon Black & White which showed a video containing a lot of new Pokémon. We'll provide pictures shortly. First we have Ononokusu (オノノクス , then Doryuuzu (ドリュウズ), then Desukan (デスカーン), Mokuryu (モクリュー) and finally Denchura (デンチュラ ). It also revealed a Grass-type attack called Grass Mixer (グラスミキサー) and one called Drill Liner (ドリルライナー). It also confirms that there are now Three on Three battles. I will have clear pictures as soon as possible.

Edit @ 23:42; Clearer pictures added thanks to 2ch

ohasuta.jpgohasuta2.jpgtriplebattle.jpg

For those too lazy to click the link.

Taken from RPM's B/W discussion thread.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVue5B-BKdQ

Official commercial (I'm guessing) for B/W in Japan. Some great new footage in there.

Hmmm... maybe one day, we'll have the 6-on-6 tactics game I thought about a few years ago. It would only require some tweaking to the attacks, as the rest of the battle system is pretty much ready to go.

I could have sworn I saw a sarcophagus pokémon in there at one point.

So... epic changes for the better, or signs of the series faltering? I'm seeing an even split of opinions on various sites.

Personally, I see them as for the better. The games have been relatively unchanged in some aspects, with only moderate advances in the battle and stats systems. Maybe we'll get some really interesting things this time.

When the games were announced earlier this year, Game Freak said they were going to change things, and I think it's safe to say they did.

Damn, some of these new pokes just look crazy and unique enough to warrant me actually purchasing a gen 5 game.

I might wait for Pokemon Gray, anyway.

But 3-on-3 matches are a neat addition. Maybe this might mean a boost in the number of carryable pokes? To, like, 8 or so? That'd be neat.

Yeah, here's a personal dilemma: I never bought HeartGold or SoulSilver. I didn't think it was worth it (and so far, I've been mostly right in that regard: very little new content, and what is new is not interesting to me). I was also thinking of waiting until the thrid version of gen 5 came out, as I have never bought any of the 3rd (and usually superior) versions before. Not Yellow, not Crystal, not Emerald, and not Platinum.

So, I had the idea of waiting until the 3rd version for BW came out.

But seeing all the crazy shit that's coming out right now is making that a difficult decision.

Do I buy right away, or wait the extra year (maybe even two!) and get the 3rd version?

Fuck me, I can't decide. I want to get the 3rd version for once, but I'm not sure about waiting that long.

i'm waiting for the announcement about removing the need for hm's outside of battle forever and then i'll be really excited

Yeah, they need to do something with that. I'd rather have items that you can use to replace HMs, or at least make HMs a hell of a lot more useful then just clearing the road one one little obstacle.

This is unlikely, as they have controlled the plot by means of providing HMs to grant new abilities (Cut, Surf, etc). So don't count on this one.

Easy solution, give the pokemon two movesets, one for field use only and one for battle use only or something to that effect.

Or you know once you get to that part of the "plot" someone can just teach your pokemon to naturally pass such things without wasting a slot with a crap move.

The thought that there MUST be HM's as a way to control a plot is just refusing to think of alternate ways to do things.

Do I buy right away, or wait the extra year (maybe even two!) and get the 3rd version?

Fuck me, I can't decide. I want to get the 3rd version for once, but I'm not sure about waiting that long.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the '3rd version'(and the inevitable Ruby/Sapphire remake) will be a 3DS-enhancement of the DS Black and White games, which (in my humble opinion) more than justifies waiting, though I don't have the will to wait that long myself.