Thoughts for OC ReMix #2000

The Biznut

that mix (bLiNd's Extreme G - G-Storm OC ReMix) came out right around the time i started looking on this site, and since extreme g was one of my favorites on the system as well, i had approximately the same reaction. haroon's work and that mix are the two things that got me here and kept me here =)

My story is very similar. Haroon's String Machine and Zero Sky mixes have been go-to tracks for me since I heard them....In fact...

***adds songs to blackberry

...I'm gonna go crank em in my car right now!

ALSO, I have always wondered where things were with djp and virt, as I was not active here during the split. Good info Bahamut! That mend sesh is yet another reason to appreciate Mustin beyond his involvement in TIME & SPACE, one of my most played albums of all time. I play a few of the tracks from that album when I do dinner/lounge music for wedding receptions, etc.

After reading the DKC2 section of the site-wide mail, I think I have a little idea for the 2000th mix. There are three awesome composers doing the "Donkey Kong Rescued" track on the project and I remember Palpable saying that it was "kinda weird to have a David Wise mail in the in-box" :wink: So, what do you think about that =P ?

• 2 weeks later...

As we draw ever closer to Mix #2000 (Dave just posted 1992, which was also a great year for video games considering Street Fighter II was released on SNES that year), I have some gut feelings on what will be chosen for that immortal number:

* I have a strong feeling that Dave will post one of his own, breaking a long-standing period of time where djpretzel's own songs have be absent from posting. Were this to be the case, it is definitely understandable, and considering all he does, he deserves it.

* He might be considering posting the biggest reversal of composer-to-ReMixer yet. I am, of course, referring to the Dave Wise/Robin Beanland/Grant Kirkhope track from DKC2, meaning Mix #2000 is included in the DKC2 postflood. A distinct possibility, as it is a milestone in OCR history.

* Lesser chance of this but still wouldn't surprise me: a post of a long-gone OCR vet. Who it could be I have no idea, but it wouldn't be out-of-place with the 10-year anniversary this year as well.

It's getting close now, I can feel the power. I. FEEL. THE. POWER! The power of me repeating tons of stuff other people have already said but I still felt like saying it anyway.

* He might be considering posting the biggest reversal of composer-to-ReMixer yet. I am, of course, referring to the Dave Wise/Robin Beanland/Grant Kirkhope track from DKC2, meaning Mix #2000 is included in the DKC2 postflood. A distinct possibility, as it is a milestone in OCR history.

This. I'm sure of it. Makes the most sense to do this imo, and I read something in the last ocr email that hinted towards this as well :P