Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

OK, it's official. I really suck at SF4. I need someone to really teach me how to play it. The sad thing is I've played hundreds of matches, I KNOW my character (Fei) pretty well, I've read threads, watched tons of videos, know all the basics (I think) yet I still get my ass handed to me. I can't even break 1000 BP and I've lost my last... 25 matches or so. I've even tried playing Ryu, Dhalsim and Boxer, other characters who I'm OK with. I don't get it. At HDR, I'm considerably better. I usually go at least 2:1 online, and even in my losses I still put up a hell of a fight. In 4, it's a complete slaughter and I just don't get it.

If anyone is on 360 and is willing to help show me a few things, I'd really appreciate it.

OK, it's official. I really suck at SF4. I need someone to really teach me how to play it. The sad thing is I've played hundreds of matches, I KNOW my character (Fei) pretty well, I've read threads, watched tons of videos, know all the basics (I think) yet I still get my ass handed to me. I can't even break 1000 BP and I've lost my last... 25 matches or so. I've even tried playing Ryu, Dhalsim and Boxer, other characters who I'm OK with. I don't get it. At HDR, I'm considerably better. I usually go at least 2:1 online, and even in my losses I still put up a hell of a fight. In 4, it's a complete slaughter and I just don't get it.

If anyone is on 360 and is willing to help show me a few things, I'd really appreciate it.

Don't you have a Ps3 these days? I'd love to give you some tips and see your Fei ... but no 360. Everyone agree's that he is just a weaker character, it seems. Got any videos of yourself playing? Anything like that?

Fei is changing in SSF4.. but not by too much, which is unfortunate, apparently they made his medium kick faster and easier to combo with and made it easier to pull off his chicken wing. Those changes are the worst of all i've heard for the characters in SSF4. That being said, I don't know anything about his new ultra other than it's a counter-move, and I think that will work really well with Fei's playstyle. So i guess we'll have to see.

@Zircon- Maybe you should try playing Championship matches? The competition is better, and while I know you're concern is that you're not doing very well, you'll see some stuff that's actually worth learning from some of the players there.

That is, until you get to G-1 and everyone just plays as gay as they possibly can.

I ran into similar problems with Cammy. Sometimes i play and wint 6 out of 10 matches and other times i play and win 3 out of 10.

I only have SF4 for PS3 but i am probably getting SSF4 for 360 since it seems most of my friends are getting it for that and a lot of people here play it on that.

How is your ability to read when you should (and shouldn't) focus absorb stuff? It works really well as a counter to some things, especially on Fei as he has one of the fastest, farthest reaching FAs in the game.

Other than that, there's no getting around the fact that Fei makes himself vulnerable constantly in SF4, compared to his relatively safe pressure in HDR.

EDIT: Just put in a little Chun practice on SF4 -- Arek, there is a sweet 1-frame link worth learning on her. I got j. fp x2, s. fp --> medium fireball --> b. mk x3 EX SBK to all link in one combo for just short of 400 damage on a crouching opponent in the corner. Continuing the combo post-fireball is the 1 frame, and it's the hardest read for me yet as I usually don't have to react _right_ after I throw an MP fireball (the kind I throw the most often, as the jab version sticks her arm too far out). Credit to darklightjg1 on shoryuken for the combo. From the looks of things, if you're perfect you may be able to combo d. fp --> medium whirlwind kick --> super after the fireball also, but I don't have the time to try it myself.

Also on Chun, her best meterless combo (that I've found) after focus attack remains backdash, jump forward, d.mk x3. I'd love to be able to make something else work without meter but I haven't found anything.

That sounded so good, that I had to try it for myself.

love it

Been looking for more uses for ways to incorporate the tenshokyaku in my combos.

Bardic, you are going to LOVE Chun when super drops. She is even better.

Caaant wait.

Also, Zircon, I am down to play a few with you on live if you ever want to. Bardic and I can definitely give you some great tips on the game.

so i played SSF4 on Saturday! my local K Mart was breaking street date.:-o BUT friend my friend was a dick and bought 4 copy's so by the time i got there they didnt have any left. Chun li is bull shit. Arek was right i hate her ever more. uhhh cody's OK

Dudley is the Awesome his quarter circle kick and go throw fire balls :shock:

i didn't know his target combos but if your a good player you can use him.

I'm going to his and play......for hours But i have a date with this girl. and i don't know if i wanna go on a date. (what should i do?):<

Take your date to your friend's house to play Super Street Fighter IV. Maybe she'll like Chun-Li. :<

Just 2 more days. Seriously cannot wait, and I'm still sucking ass online with my new stick, so hopefully we can all have a bunch of matches with the new lobby system so I can get some practice in.

But seriously, go on the date.

she sucks at video games and if i take her to my friends im not going to pay any attention to her at all so that's not a good. But yeah we all should get all of are gamer tags and go on Endless battle. that's a awesome idea

but seriously im not going on the date she can go kick rocks.

My car broke down.

I have to take it in tomorrow to figure out whether it's the computer or the timing/starer belt after spending the whole day figuring out it's not a blown fuse or the battery, and these people like to take their sweet time, which means I might not have it to pick up the game Tuesday morning.

Fuck.

Also, Zircon probably just made another Fei Long remix since he hates the new version with all the hate he can muster. :<