Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

OK, so Hakan is both hilarious and very effective. His biggest problems are being rushed down (though he can slide to get out), lack of reliable anti-air (he can jump and normal, but he has no DP or any ground normal resembling an AA) and extremely sensitive inputs. This last item seems to be a problem with SF4/SSF4 in general. It seems like a QCF motion comes out as a 360 (?!) all the time.

But anyway, he's a complete beast. Unlike other grapplers, he has no trouble getting in thanks to his slide and Oil Dive. He can also threaten people with his Oil Combination Hold, limiting their air options to... nothing. Furthermore, when he's oiled up, he can normal cancel out of a dash, meaning he can insta-absorb something without moving forward, or absorb a hit WHILE ATTACKING!

OK, so Hakan is both hilarious and very effective. His biggest problems are being rushed down (though he can slide to get out), lack of reliable anti-air (he can jump and normal, but he has no DP or any ground normal resembling an AA) and extremely sensitive inputs. This last item seems to be a problem with SF4/SSF4 in general. It seems like a QCF motion comes out as a 360 (?!) all the time.

But anyway, he's a complete beast. Unlike other grapplers, he has no trouble getting in thanks to his slide and Oil Dive. He can also threaten people with his Oil Combination Hold, limiting their air options to... nothing. Furthermore, when he's oiled up, he can normal cancel out of a dash, meaning he can insta-absorb something without moving forward, or absorb a hit WHILE ATTACKING!

I don't have the game yet but this

this is beautiful

Preordered my copy. Will be released in Europe on Friday. Can't wait!

Quick q: What with all of North America looking down on us European gamers right about now, I just wanted to know what Capcom meant by the 'bonus' that Street Fighter IV players will get after upgrading to the current version. Unless I missed something, any idea what that was?

Preordered my copy. Will be released in Europe on Friday. Can't wait!

Quick q: What with all of North America looking down on us European gamers right about now, I just wanted to know what Capcom meant by the 'bonus' that Street Fighter IV players will get after upgrading to the current version. Unless I missed something, any idea what that was?

Two new colors which really aren't that great.

So a couple of things.

First, friggin' awesome matches and I absolutely LOVE the endless battle lobby system. Seriously, I was almost late for class just 'cause I couldn't stop watching our matches. On that note, hopefully I won't suck so bad next time. Also fuck Zircon's Hakan. :<

Second, Sakura has a diagonal shinku hadouken... *drool*

Third, is it just me, or is the Madcatz SE fightstick responding much better to the triple button inputs with SSFIV as opposed to SFIV? I'm reliably pulling off ultras left and right while I was having problems with one button pressing too early in SFIV. Strange...

Anyway, good times, and we need to do more fightin'.

Also yes Ibuki has 9 target combos.

Third, is it just me, or is the Madcatz SE fightstick responding much better to the triple button inputs with SSFIV as opposed to SFIV? I'm reliably pulling off ultras left and right while I was having problems with one button pressing too early in SFIV. Strange...

i noticed this too on my normal controller

i use the madcatz controller pad, and i find some moves a lot easier to do while others are more difficult. Ex: Cammys ultra and canon strike are easier but her Hooligan Combo is a lot more difficult.

Also, i am liking Ibuki a lot, i am doing her challenge modes and she has some nice combos. Some of the challenges are just impossible for me. No matter how fast i hit the commands it never seems to be fast enough. Still fun though

Some of the challenges are just impossible for me. No matter how fast i hit the commands it never seems to be fast enough.

Many of the challenges contain links rather than cancels. What this means in practice is that your timing needs to be just right, instead of as fast as you can.