Let's Speedrun - Donkey Kong Country 2

whilst

Okay, so just did mine and for a non 102% run, I got a personal best of 1hr 50 min. Considering that Web Woods and Bramble Scrambe took up most of my time, and I didn't die much besides that, I'm pleased. Now I need to try a 102% run (I'm thinking it'll take another hour and a half because I forgot where most of the bonuses are.)

I tried my hand at it...but got a game over and said screw it.

I got a game over before I even started playing. It seems that my capture card has a personal vendetta against All SNESs, as I can get half decent video quality with any other console.

I tried one SNES (the phat kind), and two Super Famicoms with three different cables on both composite and S-Video on multiple games, and on every singe one, there were many random one pixel tall horizontal lines that would be shift to the right by just one pixel to really mess things up. All of the same cables on an N64 would look just fine.

Humbug, well I suppose that I could do a run on virtual console, or emulate it, but it just makes me sad as I really want to record a speed run on actual hardware.

I suppose another option would be to tape it, then capture it, or maybe even just run the signal through the vcr, then into the capture card to see if that fixes it...

I got a game over before I even started playing. It seems that my capture card has a personal vendetta against All SNESs, as I can get half decent video quality with any other console.

I tried one SNES (the phat kind), and two Super Famicoms with three different cables on both composite and S-Video on multiple games, and on every singe one, there were many random one pixel tall horizontal lines that would be shift to the right by just one pixel to really mess things up. All of the same cables on an N64 would look just fine.

Humbug, well I suppose that I could do a run on virtual console, or emulate it, but it just makes me sad as I really want to record a speed run on actual hardware.

I suppose another option would be to tape it, then capture it, or maybe even just run the signal through the vcr, then into the capture card to see if that fixes it...

how do you have so many snes systems

can i have one

how do you have so many snes systems

can i have one

In all actuality, I only have one SNES Jr, and a Super Famicom, while the other systems I used belonged to my brother, that I only had on hand for testing.

I suspect that I might just set up ZSNES to do an AVI recording, and go with that.

K, I just finished a 1:44 any% single segment run, and I'm currently encoding it into a shareable format. I'll probably have it uploaded by tomorrow, maybe I can even upload at school where they have a much better connection...