OCR02007 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Rare Respite"

djpretzel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using OCRemix for years now and this is the first post I ever made. I love the Serious Monkey Business Album and think it's great, but this one song is what makes it stand out, elevating it from good to great.

Great job on the song.

Edited by Daimo Mac

• 3 weeks later...

I've been going to OCRemix for well over a year now and this song alone made me register. Plus, it's time for me to donate to this site as well for all the enjoyment it has given me. As far as this song goes, all I can say is "WOW!"...this song fills me with joy everytime I hear it. Can't wait to go out kayaking with this song!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02007 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Rare Respite"
  • 4 weeks later...

I wondered for a long time why this song gives me such a  strong nostalgic feeling although I never played DKC2. Now I figured it out:

The beginning of this remix sounds close enough to the beginning of the C64-Version of the game Zorro to make my subconciousness go "awwwwwh good old times!".

Here is a YT-link for reference:

But I guess even without these memories I would agree that this is a excellent remix of a good song. Thank you for sharing it.