Audiosurf Interest

Darth Magus

• 6 months later...

Hey, anyone left audiosurfin'?

Audiosurf name is 'Opfer'. I'm pretty good at Audiosurf, so if there are any ReMixes with good competition, be sure to post them here so I can have a go at them! :)

Just got the throne on Jade Catacombs (http://audio-surf.com/song.php#4567411), but I'm sure the score can still be improved quite a bit.

I've been surfing a few PrototypeRaptor ReMixes lately, the MissingNo album, and some other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Edited by Jules

I've been starting to surf lately too. Managed to

to get used to the whole thing, and found strong thrills among the faster ones there. Even surfed through random DoD mixes off-camera though and hoped to find some impressive ones, being especially wowed over the weekend by Snappleman's "Cthulhu's Asshole" from last month's Free Month :D

Nonetheless, I guess with September coming I could surf through OCR's library in pursuit of some solid charts. Who knows, this might be a good way to be finally exposed to every single mix that exists o_O

Ah, that's a good idea, I wanted to listen through the Sound of Speed sometime anyways, so audiosurfing the whole thing seems like a great plan! :)

@Ferret: I've found at least some OCR ReMixes that have good competition (mostly the very popular ones that also have high traffic). Some other video game music (like the VVVVVV soundtrack and the F-Zero GX soundtrack) also has some competition.

• 2 weeks later...

So while surfing The Kilgores' new "Family Jewels" remix of Jewel Temptation (on the new Mega Man 9 album's second disc), I noticed something...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559793535268306283/7B7AF82B849E5C37E6F9A22415D5C56CFEA620E1/

"I don't notice anything," you might say.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559793535268308169/44881C57C2C262010A6E7D1D7F3F291F3251D0D8/

See that? It looks like a jewel.

Turns out the song's Audiosurf backdrop is FULL OF THEM:

Yellow

Red

Orange

Blue

Green

The Last One

This is easily the trippiest thing that's ever happened to me in the game.

This remix and most of the others from the new Mega Man 9 album have GREAT Audiosurf runs, by the way. I'd highly recommend giving them all a shot.

Edited by Aeronaut

• 2 years later...

I hate to commit thread necromancy, but seeing as this was my thread and it had a lot of initial interest, I'd like to know if anyone might still be interested. I would potentially like to do the same thing with Beat Hazard. I am sorry that I haven't been around much in the past few years to really give this the attention it deserves. Life has been crazy and had not afforded me much time to game and/or pay attention to OCR.

I digress. Shall we make this happen? Either game works for me. They are both fantastically fun.

I hate to commit thread necromancy, but seeing as this was my thread and it had a lot of initial interest, I'd like to know if anyone might still be interested. I would potentially like to do the same thing with Beat Hazard. I am sorry that I haven't been around much in the past few years to really give this the attention it deserves. Life has been crazy and had not afforded me much time to game and/or pay attention to OCR.

I digress. Shall we make this happen? Either game works for me. They are both fantastically fun.

I'm still an active Audiosurf player. What exactly are you planning?