First Video Game You Remember Playing

DMaster

First I remember was Mega Man, for the NES. That was followed by Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2, then Mega Man 2.

When I discovered that other types of games existed, it was a stunning, life-completing event. I forget the kid who had it, but the day I found Zelda was awesome.

The first game I bought for myself was F-ZERO. My metje gave me $50 for Christmas, and my Mom got me a SNES. Never forget that day: walking into Microplay with a $50 bill, perusing through games, watching the "big kids" play D&D...and finding F-ZERO.

Duckhunt, Super Mario Bros, Tetris on the Gameboy, and for some reason Boulderdash are the games that stand out as my first encounters.

I remember some of my uncles having Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos and getting really mad and breaking stuff, but it was far too difficult for someone my age at that time so I never really played it.

I remember when my dad took me to buy an NES, I'm actually not even sure how old I was, somewhere between 2 and 3 years of age.

I think I only played it once though at the time, because my hands were too small/weak (my dad had to use the d-pad while I was in charge of the jump button, we could never make it past the first or second pit). I guess he probably put it away cause I was still too young, because the next time I remember playing it was after we had moved around quite a bit before settling in Cali for a while, and I was 5 or 6 by then.

Edit: Oh right I never explicitly said the game I played cause I got caught up reminiscing, Super Mario Bros was my first game since it came with the NES. And I'm starting to suddenly remember playing the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game by capcom quite alot sometime later. (The music on the

of that game is neat though!)

Safari Hunt on the Sega Master System. A year or two later I was given a Sega Genesis, and then I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Dynamite Duke; The first two games I ever beat. Sadly that trend was not to continue. It seems that the older I got, the less frequently I played a game to completion. It's kind of embarrassing how few games I've ever actually beaten, despite having played so many in the past (I no longer play games).

And now, I feel old. Hahaha

Let's see, it'd have to be Space Invaders or Asteroids for the good ol' Atari. I remember my parents coming home with the system, and then sending me to bed so they could play it all night. Then the next day I took it over, and I've been into games ever since. I believe I was 4 years old at the time. :)

That would make you 28 or 29... :tomatoface:

Hmm...I should do a Challenge for B-K/B-T music.

^^Yes!

First game I owned was

! You had to use the second controller to operate the moving walls... playing by myself was really annoying!

And I think

deserves an honorable mention alongside
as my first PC games!

I think the first game I ever played would have been either Centipede for the Atari, or it would have been Civilization 1 for dos. I remember not reading too well, so my brothers showed me which keys I needed to hit in order to start the game. What's funny I guess was that Civ 1 was so hard for me back then that I would only get just a little way in before I would have to give up. I can't even tell you how many times I have started that game, then quit "forever" because of frustration, only to go back to it again the next day.

Zaxxon...which came out before I was born. My grandfather was a computer/tech geek, and I was on a Commodore 64 before I knew how to walk.

Kindercomp, Harmony, all those big-floppy games that booted only when you turned the computer on (ie they didn't load from the PC)