Do you guys/gals think OC ReMix will accept my work? [samples inside]

Well I remix music, but not in the sense of "remixing" since I like to keep great originals the same. Basically I upgrade and sometimes re-arrange older songs. The re-arrangements are usually minor since I want to keep the original feel to the songs I remake. However, I do make the older video game songs sound "up to date". So it's basically a HUGE update in the quality of the songs I make. I also take request. Here are soem examples of my work.

**Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2 - Son Gohan Theme** (SNES)

Original:

Sknocturnal:

**Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2 - Broly Theme** (SNES)

Original:

Sknocturnal:

**Castlevania SoTN "Wood Carving Partita"**

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__T2V0RUB1E

Sknocturnal:

**Rush n Attack - Final boss Theme** (NES) [slightly re-arranged and extended]

Original:

Sknocturnal:

**Megaman 3 - Whistle Concert *skn_orchestrated arranged** [NES]

Original:

Sknocturnal:

**Duck Tales 2 - Egypt (NES)** [i guess this would be a rock remix]

Original:

Sknmak:

I have many other songs on my youtube page as well. If you've listen to them they are basically the same songs, but all have a upgrade in quality. What do you guys think about my work thus far?

WIP forum is for threads like these. Please us them, for the future.

Your work isn't too bad. It does, however, go against one of the basic premises of OCR - they're all about rearranging the music in an artistic fashion while retaining the essence of the source. You believe in retaining the original as purely as possible (upgrading the sound, but not the arrangement, if possible). It's a conflict of ideologies that OCR won't accept, so no, it's safe to say your work won't be accepted here.

Thanks CHIPP Damage, Bleck and Gario.......*sigh*....guess ocremix isn't the place for my music then. Well I guess there's always my youtube page. I understand the whole remix thing, I thought things would've changed a bit by now. I think the Duck Tales song would be accepted here wouldn't it? I made it "rock'ish" so give it a listen. I understand what you guys are saying though,

Is there any other sites big like this site that allows video game music "upgrades" [so to speak]?

Well, if you want to let your music out onto the world, http://soundcloud.com/ works, http://www.gameremixes.com/ is more videogame-oriented, remix.thasauce.net might accept your music, www.newgrounds.com is an interesting place to post on, and... well, www.youtube.com :P.

Go ahead and post your stuff on those places and see how they fair. I don't think the Ducktales track would fly, either, because of the quiet production quality of it. Don't be afraid to check out the WIP forums, if you want to try your hand at making an OCR type song (or hell, even checking to see if any of these tracks could be re-arranged to become OCR style tracks) - people are willing to help, there.

sure they are, they just aren't arrangements.

If you wanna get technical and go back to the more accepted definition of "remix," they really aren't, actually - they don't (re)use the original game audio.

It does take some amount of decision-making and creativity to take a MIDI and decide which instruments to swap out, and where, but we're really looking for much more than that, and we always will be. Also, my personal take is that if I want to hear the original composition - verbatim - I'll just go for the original instrumentation as well.