Soul Calibur 2 - Healing Winds Remix

WillRock

Sorry dude. You're gonna have to give me a little more for me to give proper feedback :-/. I would definitely say drop the soloing synth. It's a little too fast for the pace of the intro. The first 20 seconds of intro are perfect and you should keep it. The snare is not right at all. You need a new patch or drastic EQ. Other than that, the production quality isn't that bad. I can hear everything clearly and most of it sits well within the mix. Keep at it definitely.

This sucks. You suck. Never make music again. I don't see how you can be a posted remixer. How can anyone like anything you do?

Also, it's too long for ocr.

Screw this guy. Submit this as-is, it's a surefire dp as long as you don't change anything.

Exceeept maybe adding in some more diverse instruments aside from just the synths. Especially if you're going for a Chariots of Fire-esque sound, some light cinematic strings and some bright, warm piano chords to augment the soundscape would really help.

Screw this guy. Submit this as-is, it's a surefire dp as long as you don't change anything.

Exceeept maybe adding in some more diverse instruments aside from just the synths. Especially if you're going for a Chariots of Fire-esque sound, some light cinematic strings and some bright, warm piano chords to augment the soundscape would really help.

Don't worry about that - i'm planning on adding some more diverse instrumentation.

Rozo - Nice beard. Wouldn't it be a shame if it was accidentally and brutally shaven off :P

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? He plopped you on this Earth two decades too late.

We really, REALLY need some footage of Maxi running on the beach to this. You know, on tinted film with slow motion, etc..

Rozo, you're funny. Emunator, you're funny. Willrock, you're funny. We're all just a bunch of comedians on here, EH?! :lmassoff:

Leave it to willrock to make something badass.

Leave it to Rozovian to make it hilarious.

Leave it to Gario to make sprite squirt out of my nose...ow btw.

I won't call this bad. It's got a good feel to it. I think its too synthed for something that was orchestrated to begin with. I definitely need to hear more before I can really give it a good spanking. I think you've done better, but it's not bad. I won't suggest anything, cuz frankly, you showed up and blasted us with some really great pieces, all of which made it first try...I expect you already know what you wanna do to make this another masterpiece.

Shorty-shorty Shortsdale of Shortseyville.

Watch this link with its audio muted and Willrock's thing going: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xHjC27YvM

Adrian!

Anyway:

Wow, looking back at what I wrote it's like. 'do you wanna sound exactly like Chariots of Fire? do this!' Which is not what I'm really meaning to do. I'm really trying to give insight and opinions, but well. The better the thing is, the harder it is for me to pick it's nits, and be nit picky. So. Anyway, onward to my compare/contrast venn diagram of Willrock v Vangelis.

The thing about Vangelis that I like on his is the neat echo on the drums, which you've got for the most part. Bit longer echo with a longer lasting, less extreme delay maybe? In comparing the difference of yours to his and that sorta genre, your echo ish thing is on the short side. Might could re balance a bit.

The high 8th note synth near the end sounds fine, but to pick nits (cause for feedback sake) but I picture them in more of a background capacity rather than right out front. Maybe filter them a bit, or automate the filter to put them in and out of focus. (automation is my new toy I'm playing with... So I'm putting it on everything >.>)

The intro develops pretty quick, if you're looking for length, you could draw out some of that ambiance and really subtley add stuff before just starting with the main ideas. I picture a pad-like sound playing bits of the theme at about half tempo over a kinda ambient sound.

Of course, I could just be crazy.

This sucks. You suck. Never make music again. I don't see how you can be a posted remixer. How can anyone like anything you do?

Also, it's too long for ocr.

So, shorter.

...and move it all onto the same note.

Play everything on C. Not the key of C. The note C. All of it. Shorter and on C.

Do it!