Game Informer subscriptions: 5$ for one year, 11$ for two years

prophetik music

what reason is there to get and read video game magazines anymore

serious question

Retro Gamer has a couple "the making of" articles with developer interviews for old games that I've read some of and find interesting. That's about the only reason I'd subscribe to a gaming magazine, though. I always felt like Game Informer was the worst/least interesting gaming magazine.

GI's way better than, say, Xbox 360 magazine, PC Gamer, or Playstation magazine. that's not saying much, granted, but it's a good read. i enjoy my issues.

besides, it's 5 dollars for twelve issues. is that really a big deal?

I'll be honest, I'm usually ahead of GI by the time it gets to me. Still, it's usually well written and since it comes with my Edge card anyway, I still enjoy getting it.

That being said, it's the only (gaming) magazine I'd ever consider subscribing to these days -- Edge is decent but super expensive in the States.

since GI's technically the biggest-selling game mag in the states, it often gets exclusives that are still exclusive when they go to print. like, the 9-page H:Reach premiere, or the big Rage article last year, or the 8-page spread on GoW3.

i know it's cool to hate on print nowadays online, but i still think that there's something to sitting there with a physical copy of something in your hands, reading stuff about games. while you poop.

I had a Game Informer subscription that was free from Game Stop. I enjoyed the info, but I really enjoyed GamePro magazines more. They have good information and I enjoyed the Tips and Tricks section that was in the back, though I don't know if they still have that feature.

I was thinking about re subscribing to it, but I don't know if it is as good as it was. I haven't read one in years.