OCR02084 - Rush'n Attack "INVASION!"

djpretzel

Ah, yes! I'm soooo glad someone remixed this game, as it's hugely nostalgic. I loved this old NES title as a kid. I even arranged a brass quartet arrangement of the level 1 theme, just never ended up getting it recorded.

Very nicely done. I couldn't place the source from the beginning, but as a standalone intro it works. I also would have loved to hear more Russian Red Army Choir in there. :) And in some places the harmonies seem to overpower the main melody. but those would be my main comments. Otherwise, I'm very happy to hear more classic NES music arranged and brought to the site.

It so would fit really a COD game like when battles happen...I like how this sounds the orchestra really puts in the feel of an epic battle scene. I might not know anything about music in the terms of technical terminology but I know when I feel a piece that is right with emotion & this is one of them (^_^)

Really powerful and dramatic work here, with nice sequencing and some incredible counter melody writing. The supporting strings are much more solid now, and everything is just really exciting. I think a more dramatic ending would have been better, but even still, this is a really nice rendition of a superb original soundtrack. Great job! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Really powerful and dramatic work here

Seconded.

Beckett007 stays within his comfort zone and delivers yet another orchestral arrangement with a heavy action-movie-OST influence. And it's a good one; personally, I'd even say his best one so far.

Nice work. While I'd certainly enjoy more remixes in this style, I'd like to see Beckett007 do something completely different, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like this a lot. And the action movie OST influence is spot on.

Also I keep getting a Metal Gear Solid vibe from this. I keep wanting to directly compare it to a specific track off an OST, but I can't really match it up with anything. So, I dunno.

It also has this tidal aspect that reminds me a lot of Davy Jones's theme off of Dead Man's Chest OST.

But I suppose that's what I really like about this track: it tickles that odd part of your brain that just wants to try and recognize where you've heard something similar. :)

• 1 year later...

Dynamic and spectacular. The full-on cinematic feeling you hear in a Beckett ReMix is just terrific and I love hearing stuff from this guy, because this is the kind of thing that should be in game movies. You have a great grip on the orchestral genre, and I have yet to be disappointed. Great stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02084 - Rush'n Attack "INVASION!"