Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Bukkit release b818 was promoted to Recommended Build, MultiPlay has rolled it out, server is now running with 1.6.6 support.

I'm testing to make sure everything works, but I think its safe to update if you play on the MZ server

Edit: Warping seems off if you cross worlds, if you do a /warp and wind up somewhere weird, try again.

Ghasts now spit fireballs like they are supposed to, but our snow in hell seems to be fixed :/

Edit2: I fixed the portals, but using portals itself is broken, they often kick you off the server... hopefully some of this will be fixed with bukkit later.

Edited by Crowbar Man

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some disagreements and personal matters, sometime in the near future I may be looking for someone else to host the currently "unofficial" OCR server. I don't feel I can do a good job as I used to. I already have some candidates interested but the more options I have to choose from the better!

This isn't something urgent, just thought I'd let everybody know

Note: this is personal, not financial, no donations to "help" please

Some MZ server news:

2 new MC mod canidates/requests:

HalcyonSpirit (i think it was him?)

BigGiantCircles

Whats everybody think?

Also, minor note, MZ MC Website shows whos playing online now since Multiplay updated their XML output to show that now. Not that that will matter in the future

Also Multiplay is updating to newest bukkit RB, i'll proably restart the server later to test

Edited by Crowbar Man

Yes, I requested mod status. And I wouldn't mind taking over hosting as well. I have a job, so I wouldn't be able to be around all day, but I'd at least be able to monitor it when I'm home, even if I'm not playing. Of course, I wouldn't mind it being taken over by someone else, either. So either way.

Welp, I died in hell. It sucks, I know. As it turns out, though, if you die in hell you go to a totally random place. Instead of warping out like the logical thing to do would be, I accepted a challenge to dig my way out of hell. With a mushroom. It was an arduous task, I had to cut through so much hell-rock, all the while under fire by ghasts and suspended over a sea of lava. Halfway through, I was helped by AngryItch who fended off the ghasts, and 75% of the way through, he lended me a pickaxe which I used to break through. I managed to get from a random place in hell about 40-50 blocks up back to the portal, crossed a sea of lava, and finally made it through. I am convinced with minor changes, this could make an awesome inspirational movie.