Dota 2

DarkeSword

We pretty much just lost a game against a three-carry team because the Sniper on our team would do things like trying to solo-backdoor the rax with the enemy team all in their base or randomly run back to pick up items despite having a flying courier all game. Playing a hardcore support/wardbitch Lion can be a really ungrateful job sometimes. :(

Bottom line is that we need more people to play with!

They also sent out additional invites to existing beta-testers but this excludes people that got in through the survey, so yeah...

Edited by Tensei

According to Reddit/other forums, the third wave of invites is going out right now. Not as an e-mail but as a steam popup.

AFAIK Warlock is a decent support but he's extremely teamfight focused, since 3 of his skills are supposed to be used on multiple opponents. It's pretty funny that he can summon up to 4 golems with his ult if you get both Aghanims and Refresher Orb on him.

Edited by Tensei

What would Rambo do to get a dota 2 invite?

I still have 2 kidneys.

naaah, I'm not DYING to play, I've never played more than a couple hours of DotA. But I'm really excited to see what valve does with the game and how it plays. Until I get an invite I'm fine with playing HoN. I just... hate S2...

If you have a really good start with Tinker (like, you get your boots of travel about 15-20 minutes in) you should consider building a Manta Style instead of going straight for Sheepstick. Manta adds a decent amount of DPS and makes your pushing even better because of the illusions, and you can spam it almost constantly with rearm.

When you get your sheepstick after that, you're basically unkillable by anything less than a 3v1, and the enemy team can never really commit to a push as long as you're alive because you can instantly teleport to an empty lane and counterpush.

He's a really cool hero overall, definitely one of my favorites.

When you get your sheepstick after that, you're basically unkillable by anything less than a 3v1, and the enemy team can never really commit to a push as long as you're alive because you can instantly teleport to an empty lane and counterpush.

the only problem being, while unkillable you don't have tons of damage to blast someone down with. he really shines from 9-12 in that sense because he can do at least half damage on just about everyone

Well, level 16 rearm takes 1 second, and the disable you get from sheepstick lasts for 3.5 seconds. Even lategame there aren't many heroes that can survive getting disabled for 10~ seconds and eating your nuke combo three times, that's where his main 1v1 strength comes from.

He doesn't really carry in the conventional sense. I think you can kinda compare it to Master Yi in LoL: he just sidepushes way too fast for the enemy team to ignore, and is too strong to take down in a 1v1, so you force the enemy team to play very defensively.

E: also, fifth wave of invites went out. If nobody else has gotten in so far I must have had some god tier luck to get in with the first wave.

Edited by Tensei