Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Okay, here's the thing, I need someplace to upload meh Wav file. I RAR'd it, as too shrink it's girth. But I gots like Dial up, so I need temporary access to an FTP with a reasonable speed. At least 3.50 kbps. Then I'd be a happy camper. If anyone can help me out, send me a PM. It's be much appreciated.
Convert it to FLAC, since you'll get much better compression on the wav.

I might be able to help on the FTP, just need to clear some things.

EDIT: PM'd you with FTP details.

Yeah. Rict. Every time I try to upload, it goes hella slow. Like... takes forever slow. And for some reason, my connection shuts off after a while automatically, thus making whatever progress I have, mean nothing. So, yeah, I need to get a cable connection.

Edito Bonito: After further analysis, I have concluded that me connection just sucks in general. It uploads at minus 2 kbps, shich sucks oval objects. So... I'll have it to ya myth on Ricts FTP. But exactly when, I don't know. But you'll have it soon, like this week sometime. In Flac.

Expect me to get involved if there is a DooM 2 Remix Project.

Don't expect me to head it. ;)

We could take Bobby Prince's lead and just rip half the remix tracks from other artists.

This could so work. Just like that NIN Super Mario remix thing...

Waiting for Britney Spears

50 Cent's got the shotgun

Into Mariah Carey's City

Only midi-rippers would be useful though, not re-arrangers (sorry to anyone who's on OCR).

For anyone interested, a preview mp3 of the Doom project was played on VGM - Steve King's (D-Lux) radio show last night. It recieved very good praise. Can't say I know how it feels to wait this long for the project - I can listen to all the songs if I wanted to - but I do appreciate the fans who are backing us, waiting for this to come out.

A few points:

1) We will need seeders. At this point, I am thinking two torrents - VBR Mp3 and .flac files. This will mean I need at least 5 seeders on each one when the time comes for launch. I'm going to estimate the Mp3 release at around 130 MB. Meanwhile, the .flac release is going to be pretty big. Anyone with highspeed who can offer their bandwidth for the .flac torrent will be highly appreciated. Also, there will be mp3 direct downloads from the site - this requires mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. SleazyC, Doulifee, Rob, and a few others have given me some webspace to use, and I'll also be using mine, but any one else who can mirror the mp3 downloads will also be appreciated.

2) Get me your pictures and bios. I posted that list a few pages back with what I need from who and I need those asap.

3) Promotion rocks the ocean. When the project debuts, anywhere you can promote it, go for it. Spread the word. Any other websites, forums, friends, family, etx. Don't hold back.

Since no one else seems to be submitting their pictures or bios...

--------------------------------------------------------

self_portrait.jpg

Claude- A Junior in high school, aiming to become a graphic artist. I'm interested in comic books, video games, and nearly all forms of art. I first played Doom when I was 5 or 6 years old, at a store that primarily sold computers. Doom it has played a large role in shaping me into the person I am today.

--------------------------------------------------------

FYI- If any artwork is needed for the website or anything else for that matter, PM me.

I'm going to go make some more DOOM Remix wallpapers...

COMPLETED TRACKS

01. E1M1 - EvilHorde* - Hangarmageddon
02. E1M2 - Joker* - Industrial Strength
03. E1M3 - RoeTaKa - The Chemical Imps
04. E1M4 - Sir Nuts - The Red Moon
05. E1M5 - Dan B - The Dark Side of Phobos
06. E1M6 - Beatdrop* - Reprocessed
07. E1M7 - DJ Carbunk1e* - JDBC Request
09. E1M9 - TO - Secrets and Lies
11. E2M2 - ArseAssassin* - This Can't Be Good
12. E2M4 - Mythril Nazgul* - Ghosts of Mars
14. E2M7 - TO/Bladiator - Jade Spawn
15. E2M8 - EvilHorde* - The Leaning Tower of Babel
16. E2M9 - nousentre* - Mystery Meat
18. E3M3 - analoq - Demon Con Gusto
19. E3M8 - Prophecy - Steel Cathedral
20. Text Music - Larsec* - Darkness Dawning
21. The End - TO - ElectroCute Bunny

CONFIRMED TRACKS

08. E1M8 - DJC/MajinGeoDood - Nameless
10. E2M1 - RoeTaKa - Infiltration
13. E2M6 - Hemophiliac - Aria of the Damned
17. E3M2 - Larsec - Slough of Despair

Recieved TO's and Blads track last night. Also got a track from Nousentre, but not sure if it's a final version or not (if it is, send me a wav of it, eh?).

Recieved TO's and Blads track last night. Also got a track from Nousentre, but not sure if it's a final version or not (if it is, send me a wav of it, eh?).

Well, that's really up to you? Does it sound any better than the last one? IM me and i'll upload it to you.