Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

I got your name down, my good Frenchman.

I know I've said this to certain people online, but let me just tell you that I forsee this being as big if not bigger than Kong In Concert. I have listened to just about all of the tracks and I think the mixers put/are putting an incredible amount of effort into them. It's really paying off. I'm quite proud of this project, and I see great things on the horizon.

Thats all.

Forgot to say I'm working on a cover of my own for the project. This is what I have so far:

http://img183.echo.cx/img183/8882/doomprojectback1237ua.png

COOL. I really like the fact that you have gone beyond the basic dark, bloody and ragged Doom-layout and tried something different.

But my suggestion would still be : make it a bit darker, bloodier and more ragged. :D

Yeah, but I like it.

That is very tasty cd artwork. I would love to have that CD proudly in my room, house, stapled to a woman.

Just thought Id say Ive remastered my chemical imps track, infiltration has been updated and sent to evilhorde as a collaboration so he can put some cool guitar in it but that's to be confirmed. So TO you might have to put Evil's name next to mine on your art work. Thanks.

TO, keep the template but expect changes. Remember, I plan on altering the track list to flow a bit better. Also, the font of "Dark Side of Phobos" on the front...seems a bit generic. Is it a Photoshop file? If so, send it to me and I'll tweak it around.
I'll edit the text with a better font and touch up a few things once we have a definitive list and order.

:wink:

TO, keep the template but expect changes. Remember, I plan on altering the track list to flow a bit better. Also, the font of "Dark Side of Phobos" on the front...seems a bit generic. Is it a Photoshop file? If so, send it to me and I'll tweak it around.
I'll edit the text with a better font and touch up a few things once we have a definitive list and order.

:wink:

Yoooouuuu sooonnnnn offf a bitttch!

;)

Okay.

Front:

http://img206.echo.cx/img206/718/doomcover219tg.png (I hope GT doesn't mind me using his mars)

Back:

http://img110.echo.cx/img110/1870/doomprojectback1b0nm.png

First off, VERY AWSOME WORK!!!

Second, this was an idea that I had a month or two ago but waited until now to bring it up. With the cover, on the shadow part of Mars (leave "DOOM" title), put the teeth part of the Orichalcon. Don't make it REALLY apparent but kind of hint at it. I'd do it but I'm;

a- not that good of a graphic artist

b- amateur level at photoshop

c- need good quality (somewhat at that size) of the Orichalcon

Now the cover is already amazing as it is, . . .

but the thought of adding the teeth in the shadow of mars to this new cover seems . . . wicked and evil.

The "dark" side = evil. Yes, I know I'm quoting Obi Wan.

ps- Doom 3 on xbox rules! Although I know it is better on the PC, I was amazed at how good of a quality the game turned out.

The name is "Daniel Baranowsky"

Once again:

If you look through the list, you can see that there's a piece still called "Nameless" on there.

Myth: I was under the impression that there would be more than one CD cover. I'd like to keep the back the way it is now. I'm still working on the front. The planet's gone, I'm trying to find a picture of a marine.

I made a cover the other day. I was bored, & I had an idea. Thus, the creation of this... thing was born. Yeah, that was a redundant sentence. But... here it is!

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Imagines/JTown%20DSoP%20Front.jpg

It didn't come out exactly the way I wanted... but you work with what you got. Damn hard finding the right pictures to splice.

I am trying to go as fast As I possiblt can... But the dead-line for the track for the school CD got pushed up 10 days and on top of that all recordings have to be done by tuesday next week... and I have ´no time this weekend since the girlfriend is visiting... and about 90 people to record in addition to a fiddle, guitar and solo 3 vocalists... STRESS! :)

I'll get it done during next week... Unless something new should decide to ambush me...

I made a cover the other day. I was bored, & I had an idea. Thus, the creation of this... thing was born. Yeah, that was a redundant sentence. But... here it is!

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Imagines/JTown%20DSoP%20Front.jpg

It didn't come out exactly the way I wanted... but you work with what you got. Damn hard finding the right pictures to splice.

cool pic. except the font used for dark side of phobos

I am trying to go as fast As I possiblt can... But the dead-line for the track for the school CD got pushed up 10 days and on top of that all recordings have to be done by tuesday next week... and I have ´no time this weekend since the girlfriend is visiting... and about 90 people to record in addition to a fiddle, guitar and solo 3 vocalists... STRESS! :)

I'll get it done during next week... Unless something new should decide to ambush me...

Good luck, Larsec. ;)

I'm probably gonna fix the font on my Cover. I just used it because I didn't want to spend anymore time on it. I still wish I could've found a chick with a red hood blowing in the wind... that would be sweet. Put it with the Mars landscape I made color balancing a desert. De-Saturate everything but the red. That would be awesome.

I'm probably gonna fix the font on my Cover. I just used it because I didn't want to spend anymore time on it. I still wish I could've found a chick with a red hood blowing in the wind... that would be sweet. Put it with the Mars landscape I made color balancing a desert. De-Saturate everything but the red. That would be awesome.

I had a similar idea - was going to use TO's model - but that plan fell through.