Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Why don't ya name it Perkele? :D

No, seriously, I like the last one. It's hell-y enough, fits with your remix.

And, maybe a little off-topic, but did you play the quick soloes in the real tempo, or did you record it first slowly, then raise the tempo? 'Cause I've ever couldn't play it that fast. ALMOST that fast, but not yet...

Something with perkele would be nice, I agree. Like Perkele´s Hangar... Well... hmm...

Anyway, I played the fast parts with half the tempo, and they were still kinda difficult to play on time. If you slow it down you hear that there are real melodies in those quick parts, not just basic SUPERFAST heavy guitar soloing.

I mean, I´m good but not that good! (Just kidding, I suck with the guitar)

Analoq: cool. look forward to hearing it soon.

bill: the second half sounds kind of messy, but i like what you are going for so far. If you need any samples, contact me on AIM.

ab: your link isn't working for me. I'll hit you up on AIM or something, and you can send it my way.

TO: Sounds great so far.

Nousentre: It's coming along well. If you want to, you can get into contact with someone on this forum who is a drummer, or can sequence some nice drums for ya? Keep working on it.

As for myself, after my finals this week, i'm going to head back to work on my WIP and hopefully make it sound a lot better.

One thing I have noticed is the abundance of Guitarists on this project. Thus, if anyone needs guitar on their mix, i can only assume that another would be willing? ;)

Also, remember to take the transitions into consideration. At least a couple of tracks should flow into each other.

Well, here's what I had in mind for the site. The artists page would have a "wall" of eyes (being the mixers eyes) and you would click on the eyes to open up a small window with a portrait and a small paragraph of information on you. What say you, mixers?

edit: to clarify, a full front face portrait would work best. Preferable something semi professional. ;)

for example:

BEATDROP:

dain-bandwagon.jpg

would work (sans finger)

Most people have digital cameras or know someone who does. Please try and get a picture to me or G-T sometime soon. Also, i need each of you to write out a mini bio of yourself, and a short write up on your song (which i will use in my write up). Post it here, if necessary.

Hey MN, I was going to dropout, but I have decided to stay. A good portion of the remix got messed up somehow, but I have decided to rework the entire song. So I'm still in, don't take my name off just yet please. And I'll have that picture soon, does it have to be a certain size?

Dude, TO, you ripped this song up dude 8)

WOW.

Well, here's what I had in mind for the site. The artists page would have a "wall" of eyes (being the mixers eyes) and you would click on the eyes to open up a small window with a portrait and a small paragraph of information on you. What say you, mixers?

edit: to clarify, a full front face portrait would work best. Preferable something semi professional. ;)

for example:

BEATDROP:

dain-bandwagon.jpg

would work (sans finger)

Most people have digital cameras or know someone who does. Please try and get a picture to me or G-T sometime soon. Also, i need each of you to write out a mini bio of yourself, and a short write up on your song (which i will use in my write up). Post it here, if necessary.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: Don't worry, I'll get you one of me SANS FINGER (and also sans cigarette).

K, just to give this monkey an update, I talked to djpretzel a few minutes ago about linking to "doomproject.ocremix.org" where "doom project" would be the title of the project. Because of this, and the fact that GT is working on the site as we speak, i think it's necessary for us to come up with a name for the project in the "soon" future. So here, I will list all the opinions given thus far. I want everyone to give input on these or add their own.

• The Doom Remix project
  • Dimensional Rift (joker)
  • Solitary Confinement (joker)
  • sretoohs fo gnik si mood (sith lord aku)
  • Sretoohs'Fo'Gnik' (sith lord aku)
  • Rip and Tear (Caleb)
  • Chainsaw: The Great Communicator (Caleb)
  • Now I'm Radioactive (Caleb)
  • Big-Mouthed Floating Thingies (TO)*
  • Packin' 80 Pounds Of Heavenly Joy.(TO)*
  • Packin' 80 Pounds Of Heavenly Music (TO)*
  • Packin' 21 Track Of Heavenly Joy (TO)*
  • Thy Ears Consumed (Geko)
  • Ear Deep in the Dead (Geko)
  • Icon of Song (Geko)

Any more suggestions will be welcome. Usually, prepositional phrases sound good ;).

Beatdrop: It's a damn good picture, mind you. Just not what we need for the site. ;)