Steam Holiday Sale

Dhsu

Ok, here's my dilemma.

I want Everyday Shooter but the price is the same buying it alone as it is buying it in the indie flight pack.

Are the other games in there any good?

How does it make sense to get 1 game when you can have 5 for the same price? Even if you absolutely hate the other games, it's not like you have to play them.

That said, Flotilla is a pretty game, dunno if it has much in the way of replay value.

I'm contemplating Gratuitous Space Battles myself...

Can't say Dogfighter or Wings of Icarus interest me much.

I'll warn you right now, watch the items, particularly the packs.

It's not immediately obvious unless you take a closer look at it, but the TellTale Holiday Pack for $30 is only the Sam and Max and Poker Night At the Inventory games.

As opposed to the Telltale Everything from the summer sale, which had all 3 Sam and Max seasons, plus Wallace & Gromit, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, TellTale Texas Hold 'Em, and Tales of Monkey Island for $50 (just $20 more) and it dropped to $25 during a daily sale...

Edit: I forgot to mention, the Valve Complete Pack is likely cheaper this year because Valve's only 2010 release was free. Also, the Valve Complete pack does not contain Portal 2, as it hasn't been released yet.

So let me get this straight: the daily deals will disappear after today, while all the game packs and publisher's catalog sales will remain AT MOST the listed price through the 2nd, yes? Just trying to decide whether I ought to pick up Fallout 3 now, or wait and see if the whole Bethesda Pack goes on sale later, not to mention whether to move or sit on a myriad of other games that may show up as a future day's deal.

So let me get this straight: the daily deals will disappear after today, while all the game packs and publisher's catalog sales will remain AT MOST the listed price through the 2nd, yes? Just trying to decide whether I ought to pick up Fallout 3 now, or wait and see if the whole Bethesda Pack goes on sale later, not to mention whether to move or sit on a myriad of other games that may show up as a future day's deal.

Yes. Daily deals end at 11am PST and are replaced with new ones. There's also a single daily indie deal on the second packs page that will change daily.

The packs all remain on sale the entire two weeks.

Right. But that still leaves the dilemma of whether to buy Fallout 3 now (daily deal), or hope for the whole Bethesda Pack to go on sale. This would probably be a much easier decision if I didn't already own vanilla Oblivion, or if I'd finished it and knew whether I was really hungering for more content (Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles) or not. :roll:

Right. But that still leaves the dilemma of whether to buy Fallout 3 now (daily deal), or hope for the whole Bethesda Pack to go on sale. This would probably be a much easier decision if I didn't already own vanilla Oblivion, or if I'd finished it and knew whether I was really hungering for more content (Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles) or not. :roll:

Based on previous experience, the packs rarely go on sale.

TellTale Everything Pack is the only one I can think of that has.

So basically what I'm really saying is I'm horribly indecisive.

I should probably just get FO3, because by the time I'm actually ready to play New Vegas its price will have dropped down anyway, and there are always decent deals on Morrowind.

EDIT: New Vegas is actually cheaper right now on Amazon, on sale for $29.99. Doesn't Steam allow you to activate games you buy outside their service somehow?

Dhsu, I still have my wishlist from the Thanksgiving sale. On it is;

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga

Left 4 Dead (love the second one, but I wanna play the original)

BioShock

Just Cause 2

I may add more to that list, but those are my most sought after games. The Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age because I don't have a bank account or access to the BioWare store to get BioWare points. I have the Collecter's Edition of DA:O and the Awakening expansion, though.

Oh, and I have two Steam accounts. The one I have most OCR members on is my Orange Box account. The other one I use more and play all my other games on. Please add that account at your leisure. n0fxftw is the account name.

Tensei; holy shit! Can you track account value or are you just estimating? Steam is a master at getting its users to purchase games, that's for sure.