Are Lonewolf projects allowed?

SonicThHedgog

This makes no sense. All doing a lonewolf project will achieve is making you more busy, so you can't help out with community ones.

I think he means that if more people did solo projects, then the rest of the community wouldn't have to worry about it in the sense that they can't join projects they don't make themselves. At least, thats what it sounds like he's trying to say. The whole idea of doing albums in ocr for me tho is that its a community effort. Its not really a community effort if all you do is make solo albums for ocr to release just because its convenient for you.

I'm just saying, it's increasingly hard to recruit for anything because everyone is too busy. Trying to manage all these people on a project with their respective schedules and lives going on is a lot to worry about. A lonewolf project only has to worry about ones' personal schedule and speed of production. It's not ideal to have a freaking FF6 album made by one person, but it [lonewofl projects in general] shouldn't necessarily be frowned upon, especially with the lack of support most remixers give to more obscure projects anyway.

Getting released on OCR is serious business, whereas someone might get 10 or so views on bandcamp, it'll get maybe tens of thousands, on OCR

Edit: I mean certainly if someone wants to make an album they would and should, but to make a large production for next to no audience makes it less worthwhile... to make something great for thousands of video game music listeners is the ideal scenario don't you think? :-o Maybe someday OCR will have some kind of OCRS-0000 for solo albums. :-P

Getting released on OCR is serious business, whereas someone might get 10 or so views on bandcamp, it'll get maybe tens of thousands, on OCR

I'm not sure what your point is here.

OCR only has the amount of listeners it does precisely because they don't just post everything without thinking and maintain a certain quality. Albums have been circumventing this to an extent, and solo albums shouldn't be a excuse for getting mixed quality stuff on OCR unless it's all above and beyond OCR quality imo, such are the existing hosted solo albums.

Yeah, I never suggested a solo album should be anything less than OCR quality! They shouldn't just accept any ol' collection of subpar stuff

Bah and everyone knows I'm on a lot of public projects, I'm just speakin for myself there, but I'd hope other people did that too... work on their own in their spare time but keep supporting public ones

Albums should be community efforts. This is what we're really trying to push.

If you want to release a "lonewolf" album, do it on your own and submit some remixes to the site. We'll be happy to post the remixes and give a shout-out to your album, but we won't necessarily release it as one of our own "projects."

Don't use albums to circumvent our evaluation/posting process.

• 6 months later...
Well im almost done this lonewolf album but, say I want to submit it (not saying I am), How would one do that?

or is it the same as any other track for sub?

I'll just be honest, unless you're packing some awesome music and I just haven't heard it, no hate, but I doubt you're gonna be an official OCR album. But email admin@ocremix.org with what you have and I'll take a look next week.

I'll just be honest, unless you're packing some awesome music and I just haven't heard it, no hate, but I doubt you're gonna be an official OCR album. But email admin@ocremix.org with what you have and I'll take a look next week.

Oh I was just wondering how the it goes for albums in general.

If I were to sub a album, I would submit each track individually, I know electro and prog house is not the favorite around ocr for many ( especially 15 min epics), so I would not waste anyones time in submission.

Just wondering how things go for albums.

you reminded to upload my unposted tracks here in workshops.