Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

A REMIX is simply remixing the original song, meaning, having the original tracks, doing something to them, and mixing them back into a song. Now, I know that most people on this site DO remix, that is, take a MIDI from VGMusic, change it, and submit, but the REAL task we're trying to do is ARRANGE music.

Eh, that's an overgeneralization. I can see that statement being true like 3-4 years ago, but not now. Almost everyone that passes does arrangements not remixing. Are you not reading a lot of judging decisions in the last year? OCR "Remix" is just a cool name, almost all the stuff, if not all the stuff we pass are arrangements. The only remixing I can think of that may or may not fall into this is techno/trance stuff, but even in these situations we hear a lot of real arrangement vs the stuff you cited.

Gray, stop being a wanker :)

You know that I only dislike the term "remixer" or "mixer". DJs remix, we don't. We're musicians who arrange music. The name of the website is of no concern to me, I just wish people would stop refering to eachother as "mixers"... to me that's hardware :)

Yeah thanks for that clarification on the stance. It's all good.