League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

no her old passive was also pretty shitty, that's why they changed it

the thing about hr new passive is that it's good conceptually, but the combination of;

1. really low numbers (five stacks of 2% armor/mr reduction on a character with, let's say, 30 armor/mr, will reduce it by 3 - on a character with 200 armor/mr, it will reduce it by 20)
  2. a really bad bug (it currently only affects base armor and mr)

makes it patently useless in every single situation

^That looks amazing. I've been waiting for the MOBA genre to move away from what is still essentially DotA's map for a long time. Glad to see that it's finally happening!

Now if only the community agrees with me and actively wants to move away from playing the same map over and over...

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm well aware that the LoL map is different from HoN/DotA, but you all know what I mean.

Won't happen. I glanced at Riot's forums (*shudder*) and it's nothing but people bitching about it.

wait, what's the issue with having a new map? am i missing something here? there's benefits of always playing the same map, but what's wrong with two - or, even better, four - that are rotated constantly?

also, the new 'dominion' forums seem to be full of people who are excited about it, not complaining. unless i'm missing something huge.

edit: read a bit more, and it seems that people aren't pissed about dominion as much per se as they are about the fact that nothing ever gets done on time. people need to shut the hell up and enjoy the fact that the damned game is free, for goodness sake. would it be nice for new features? sure! are there game-breaking bugs right now that prevent any enjoyment from coming from the game? no, there's some balance issues but they go both ways. sooooo, yeah. shut up, entitled asshole people.

Edited by prophetik music

i always hear people complain about balance issues, and i'm a little confused. doesn't that go both ways? like, certain characters are way overpowered in 3v3. i know that. but can't you just play them too?

Certain people get attached and have favorites, its disappointing to find out that your favorite champion is viewed as 'not so hot' by the community. Ultimately every champion should bring something to the table, and for the most part I think they've done a commendable job of balancing.

Super excited about Dominion - really one of my biggest issues with these style of games is they all use the same map and the same general rules. Ive wanted someone to take a stab at doing a different style of game-play for a long time. Glad to see im getting my wish.

just played a great pub game. got matched up with a nasus, ashe, xin zhao, and jungling warwick, and i was fiddles. other team was lux, cho, yi, lee sin, and MF.

we got hosed early, because xin and ashe both soloed a lane and both were terrible. bottom lane with nasus and i got hit hard early as well, and i wound up basically soloing it for most of the early-game phase. once nasus got his feet under him, warwick and i roamed and ganked hard to help ease pressure off of the two solo lanes, and we started getting a few towers...and then got wiped in three consecutive teamfights :< after we recovered and pushed them out of our base, we got our feet back under us and the carries stopped wandering off and getting wiped. nabbed baron at level 14 and didn't look back. xin and ashe went a combined 3-14-7 before level 15, and finished with a combined 26-15-28. i finished 8-8-17, with five of those deaths coming late after they figured out that i was hosing them hardcore and they didn't have any magic resists, and they started focusing me instead of ashe and xin.

best two plays of the game: xin kiting cho from the three-way bush near dragon to top wolf spawn, right into four of us who hosed him in two seconds flat, and our team acing them twice in full teamfights late-game to seal the deal.

Edited by prophetik music

How to play an effective tank:

- distract enemy damagers while avoiding damage and cc

- set up your damagers with effective zoning to keep yourself from having to run to their rescue

- get no kills

- get no deaths

- get a shitton of assists

- ignore the constant vitriol from your own teammates

- get no credit at the victory screen and all the blame at the defeat screen

Just had an intensely dumb hour long game that convinced me that Heimerdinger is a complete and total trash-tier champion whose only 'quality' is delaying his defeat as long as possible.

I was solo mid as Morgana vs. Heimerdinger and literally all he could do was just spam his dumb turrets in a poor attempt to push the lane. All it took for me was to land my skillshot to ruin him. I couldn't help other lanes because he would always be back just in time to spam enough turrets and the lane would get pushed in if I left. I was level 17(!) when I FINALLY could leave the lane after I managed to kill his tower. The game then went on hugely in our favor in terms of k/d, but even taking down a single enemy tower was a several minute undertaking.

Heimerdinger did literally nothing in teamfights in terms of DPS, his only purpose seemed to be destroying the creep waves asap as they pushed. What a terribly designed champion.

How to play an effective tank:

- distract enemy damagers while avoiding damage and cc

- set up your damagers with effective zoning to keep yourself from having to run to their rescue

- get no kills

- get no deaths

- get a shitton of assists

- ignore the constant vitriol from your own teammates

- get no credit at the victory screen and all the blame at the defeat screen

this is so true, and why i hate tanking in pub games. my best game as rammus was a game where i went 4-5-27, and at the victory screen the vayne that went like 25-5-5 complained that i didn't do anything. she got five kills in lane that were directly because i taunted at exactly the right time to keep them in range for the last few hits.

-_-

this is so true, and why i hate tanking in pub games. my best game as rammus was a game where i went 4-5-27, and at the victory screen the vayne that went like 25-5-5 complained that i didn't do anything. she got five kills in lane that were directly because i taunted at exactly the right time to keep them in range for the last few hits.

-_-

People ignore assists way too much. Sure, if you get 1 auto attack on a champion that can get you an assist, but for the most part it shows that you actually contributed to the team, especially with something as high as 27 assists.

Plus its seems more common for someone to show up to a team fight late and just last hit a weakened champion whilst others did the bulk of the damage, so really K/D is a bad way to judge how well someone is doing.

yeah. if it's just a few assists, then i usually think that that person wandered off and wasn't participating in teamfights. i just finished a game where i was 3-9-16 as trundle, and although i had high deaths every time i died was to stay back and occupy people so that two or three teammates could get out. so those numbers can be deceiving. plus nasus kill-stole from me four times :<

i usually add kills, assists, and towers, and do a KAT/D ratio instead. as long as it's over 2 or so, i feel it was a good game. in that game my KAT/D was 23/9, so i feel that it's still a good game.

Minimizing your death count pretty much just depends on your ability to pick fights and knowing when to get out. If you're getting that many assists you're definitely contributing to teamfights so it's not like dying a lot is that much of a problem, but as a champion like Trundle you do actually want some decent farm to be a good AD/offtank.

Towers and inhibitors don't really count because they require you to land the last hit on them to show up in your score. You can push down plenty of towers without actually destroying any of them yourself so that statistic is a bit misleading.

Also, if you're in a pub game, just steal kills, especially if people are complaining.