Games that NEED to come back!

AngelCityOutlaw

They relaunched Shinobi back in 2001 or 2002 for PS2. It was a great game, they made a sequel called "Nightshade" but I never played it. I'm surprised as hell that there has been no more Shinobi games to compete with the Ninja Gaidens.

Yeah the PS2 game was pretty cool. I didn't play the sequel either myself. However I do miss the side scrolling goodness of the Genesis Shinobi games. There is a new Shinobi coming out on 3DS later this year though, and it looks pretty promising. Looks reminiscent of Shinobi III in terms of gameplay, with some neat new things added.

Also:

I personally would love to see Blast Corps on XBLA, maybe with an HD facelift.

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah the PS2 game was pretty cool. I didn't play the sequel either myself. However I do miss the side scrolling goodness of the Genesis Shinobi games. There is a new Shinobi coming out on 3DS later this year though, and it looks pretty promising. Looks reminiscent of Shinobi III in terms of gameplay, with some neat new things added.

Holy shit! I just youtubed that. That's awesome! I'll bet it will be killer in 3D.

Well, it looks like I'll be getting a 3DS. You can turn the 3D shit off right? I dont think my eyes are gonna handle that.

Some of these might already be available, but a remake would be awesome.

Earthworm Jim

Contra

FUCKING BUMP N' JUMP!!!!

Bust A Groove

Super Dodge Ball

NBA Jam

Mystical Ninja Goemon

Pac-Man

Bug

Clockwork Knight

Chip's Challenge (I really enjoyed that shit)

Hot Shots Golf

Ninja Gaiden (The classic 2D stuff)

Shinobi

Afterburner

I've highlighted the ones I know of from that list that have been remade or re-released. I'm not sure if it counts as a sequel or what but Afterburner: Climax is a sweet game check it out.

They relaunched Shinobi back in 2001 or 2002 for PS2. It was a great game, they made a sequel called "Nightshade" but I never played it. I'm surprised as hell that there has been no more Shinobi games to compete with the Ninja Gaidens.

As for bust a groove, Kitty N's Song was always catchy.

NBA Jam got a remake. A new Contra game came out - Hard Corps: Uprising.

Well, it looks like I'll be getting a 3DS. You can turn the 3D shit off right? I dont think my eyes are gonna handle that.

Totally. I usually turn it off, or only up to about halfway. Its completely adjustable.

Another game series I just thought of is Rolling Thunder. Never played the first, but 2 and 3 were awesome Genesis side scrollers. Some sweet action in them, would love a new one or something. Though I dunno if a 3D rendition would work. Still a new 2D throwback kinda game would be wicked.

The Unholy War. A fun yet relatively obscure multiplayer arena fighter, where you play as a variety of mutants, monsters, and cyborgs. I still play it with a friend to this day, though we play much more tactically than it was probably intended. There was also a strategy mode, which I never really got into.

It'd be nice to see a souped-up re-release as a fun PSN/XBLA timewaster (I'd imagine it'd be easy to do, being a pretty simple low-budget game), or at least a release among PSN's PS Classics (Though I suppose it's pretty obscure to be considered a classic).

Tomba! needs a comeback.

This. Very this. Well, Tombi! over here in Europe.

What classic would you want to see on the xbox arcade or PSN etc (that is not already on it) so you could play it again with your friends without the need of an emulator?

For me, it's this

Colony Wars.

The need for a space combat simulator is insane. JGE is taking its sweet time. TOR will not have the dogfighting people want at launch. Give me friggin colony wars!

The Unholy War

<3 Unholy War.

Show me another game where a lizard (who is also a wizard!) calls down meteors from the sky to smite a rusted, sawblade-wielding killbot in the middle of a desert ruin.

Or a sentient, rocket-launching tank gets torn apart by a charging rhinocerous. It was pretty unbalanced, in hindsight, but I didn't care in the least. I'll treasure that disc forever.

Yeah Bump'n Jump would be awesome.

Also regarding remakes:

Persona 3/4 HD

Xenosaga trilogy HD

Agreed.

Xenosaga is possibly the only RPG series I ever enjoyed. But the plot was so convoluted that come the end of the 3rd game, it felt like even the writers and characters weren't exactly sure what the hell was going on anymore.

Agreed.

Xenosaga is possibly the only RPG series I ever enjoyed. But the plot was so convoluted that come the end of the 3rd game, it felt like even the writers and characters weren't exactly sure what the hell was going on anymore.

There WAS that Xenosaga 1 and 2 compilation on the DS...

FF6 on the GBA has an updated translation, requisite bonus dungeon, and additional espers in Leviathan, Gilgamesh, and Cactuar.

You forgot Diabolos and the Soul Shrine.

Also, how about sum MM Legends 1, 2, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne? It's not on PSN yet (and probably won't be, due to failing some test or something, but eh) but it really should be. If only to show Capcom how big they screwed up once they see that 3 would have made money.

Also, how about sum MM Legends 1, 2, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne? It's not on PSN yet (and probably won't be, due to failing some test or something, but eh) but it really should be. If only to show Capcom how big they screwed up once they see that 3 would have made money.

this, damn it to hell, this