Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

hey all. i thought i'd mentioned this in the past, but if anyone needs bass guitar, acoustic guitar, vocal work (i'm a guy, and i'll sing whatever as long as its reasonable) or saxophone work, gimme a pm. i'm always up for live stuff. i'd be honored to work on a project with as good of an ost as this one (besides, reelmojo is cool)

I am so fucking disgusted by this. Because of OCR's new "remix pay-system", then I wouldn't be suprised if he also charges to download remix projects. Because you, the remixers, mojo, and myself won't see a dime from this, I have no other choice but to cancel Around the World.

I'll talk to reelmojo about this. I may reconsider and just move the entire project over to either VGMix, OneUp Studios, or The Shizz (Minibosses forum).

If that happens, I'm on for the move. I've stuck on so long that I don't want to see this fall apart. I would have preferred a bit of a friendly-ish perspective for most of us considering there are still some of us that still won't get over the exodus.

ThaSauce would be a start; they've even got a forum dedicated to running projects, so you can't really go wrong.

Whichever happens, it's down to you.

Kyle and I already have our threads in VGMix.

You both should join us as well.

To be honest, virt has offered a VGMix mirror for Around the World from the very start. He said something about launching it alongside is only solo Dodge Ball album.

I'm still waiting on a response from djp and the moderators. If they still allow remix projects to be offered for free, then I'll stay here. If not, then I'm gone to VGMix.

I overreacted earlier. I've spend nearly a year on this project, and I don't want to simply throw it all away because of some policy changes.

I sure hope that nobody fell for my extension of OCR's April Fool's joke. I sure do love this holiday. :D

I do have some serious news, though. The next WIP deadline is April 30th. This gives you remixers a month to continue working on your tracks. Hopefully, reelmojo will be able to crack the whip and get you guys on the ball. :wink:

Happy Mixing!

Oh, you know I played along :) I think the most hilarious thing that happened was that Kyle's and Arek's "project cancelled" jokes fooled Darkesword to the point of him deleting them.

Nonetheless, I'll try to have something ready. It's a shame that two of those weeks from now to the deadline is Easter vacation, which would make me a little concerned on how to get around all this.

Still, good to see this is all on tracks :)

Nah, Darke was just playing along with Arek and Kyle. Although, I did get this PM from him yesterday.

Just in case you CAN'T tell, it IS an april fools joke...

plz don't go to vgmix :(((((((((

Or you're just playing along. :D

I'm must have done a pretty good job of acting if DS was second guessing me. :)

About the deadline: I completely forgot about Easter vacation. My university isn't having an Easter vacation, so I didn't even take it into account. I also have to figure that you have tracks for about 83 other remix projects (not to mention your own project) to work on.

If you want me to give you a personal extension, I suppose you can beg and grovel for it. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
The next WIP deadline is April 30th.

8O

...uh, yeah. Don't worry about that. I update the first post from time to time, and I've been so busy with classes and finals (I know how you feel, Rexy) that I just don't have the time right now. Not to mention the fact that mojo has unfortunatly been AWOL because of computer problems or something like that.

Don't worry, you're not in trouble of getting cut or anything.

My tracks pretty much finished now, I've been working quite a bit on project tracks recently as I am expecting to leave the country for a fair while (1 - 2 months) some time during summer.

I'll render the new version later tonight and e-mail it to you.

Edit: Sent.

I just recieved it. I'm make sure this gets out to the other remixers so you can get some feedback for it.

Oh hey, almost forgot about this project..

I'm still around, Walan. I'm also still up for working on this. Looks like somebody else took Iceland, which is probably a good thing considering how my work was going with it back in the day; however, I think sometime soon - my guess is two weeks - I'm going to look at the open tracks and see if I like one.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I know. I really don't want to say this, but I'm losing interest. I've been at this for a year and a half now, and there hasn't been nearly as much progress as I wanted. I know that alot of this comes from me, as I just don't have the motivation to get the artists going on their songs. It was really unfortunate when reelmojo climbed aboard to help, then was cut down by computer problems.

I really want this project to move along, but my heart's not in it anymore. I'm gonna try again to collect everyone's contact information and ask about any progress, but I'm also about ready to call this a failure and cut my losses.

I'll let you know my decision about this soon.

My track is literally complete, just that I still need to send that to you ^_^*

Also, I understand that your heart isn't really in the track anymore, but if it isn't, you could still be able to pass the torch to someone else. That's what happened when Project Chaos was almost doomed to fail, and then SnappleMan came in to help KFC.

I hope things go ok :)

• 2 weeks later...
Also, I understand that your heart isn't really in the track anymore, but if it isn't, you could still be able to pass the torch to someone else. That's what happened when Project Chaos was almost doomed to fail, and then SnappleMan came in to help KFC.

I hope things go ok :)

Agreed. If you're going down, don't take it down with you. This is my most anticipated of all the upcoming site projects.