Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Since we are getting extremely close to almost completely filling this project, I have decided to initiate phase two: The remixing stage. I have also started locking down certain tracks, which means that that the remixer on the track has proven to have a good handle on their ideas and arrangement, and has shown that they have a likely chance of completing their work. The lock also means that the tracks are no longer available for anybody else to pick up (unless the person who currently has the track claimed drops out), for the reasons specified. Good luck to all of you, and I'll be doing my part in keeping up with those involved to ensure that the project reaches completion!

Also, the new "additional track" rule should be going into effect within the next day or two, so if you plan on picking up something not listed, give it some thought and be prepared!

Also, the new "additional track" rule should be going into effect within the next day or two, so if you plan on picking up something not listed, give it some thought and be prepared!

You mean, we have to know which second track we want to remix by that time already? I thought I could take some time to think a bit more about it...

And btw. a third WIP is out now. I know, it is a bit clipped, but hey, it's a WIP after all, meaning that this passage of the final version will not be clipped :)

You mean, we have to know which second track we want to remix by that time already? I thought I could take some time to think a bit more about it...

Nah, you'll have time to think, but you never know who might step up and grab the track you want before you have a chance to claim it. ;)

You know which track I am doing for my second one :). About the "remix lockdown" situation, considering since I literally JUST joined this, do you think I could have some time to create my WIP. I know the deadline is August, but with the lockdown, I am a bit nervous that someone else will boot me from mine from lack of time to remix. Just wondering. Keep up the nice work guys.

EDIT: Usa, what program did you use for that clip that you made?

You know which track I am doing for my second one :). About the "remix lockdown" situation, considering since I literally JUST joined this, do you think I could have some time to create my WIP. I know the deadline is August, but with the lockdown, I am a bit nervous that someone else will boot me from mine from lack of time to remix. Just wondering. Keep up the nice work guys.

I don't think that someone will just step up to you and claim your song. Don't worry too much about it. Having it already claimed by yourself holds off the people :)

EDIT: Usa, what program did you use for that clip that you made?

To sequence it? Cubase VST.

To record it? SoundEffects.

To encode it? LAME.

Just to let you know that I actually AM working on my piece, I've decided to throw away the piece's 3/4 measure and inserted a typical 6/8, which gives me a better base for a symphonic rock beat. Yes, I'm aiming for a symphonic rock tune, wether or not it's going to contain guitars is something else. :P

I could give it a shot; I mean playing da guit4rz

I'll just get the basics of the track started this week (test week at school, not much time). I'll contact you when t3h need for guit4rZZ is there. ;)

EDIT: Yay for having a break between studying. Here's my first veeeery quick WiP. I backed off from the 6/8 thingy and made it 5/8 instead.

I don't think that someone will just step up to you and claim your song. Don't worry too much about it. Having it already claimed by yourself holds off the people :)

Usa's right; you should be okay. :)

Master Link: I'm giving your WIP a listen now.

Update on the WiP-front! As my network is bitching today, I have just uploaded a new mp3 instead of replacing the first one.

Here's the link.

Your transition at :11 is bad because its non existant. Start by making one :P. The beginning is nice, but I would hold a string chord for the tonal ambience. I suppose this use of slayer is passable, but as always, an actual synth would sound much fuller and more interesting. Good start, keep working at it.

I'll record guitars for you if you want me to. o_O;

Just send me the sheet music or tab when you're done.

...and I hope there's time to think, because there are so many awesome songs, it's a big dilemma. XD

EDIT: I see Castle of Dhaos was removed from the listing... if it was because nobody was picking it up, I'd be happy to do it. As long as it doesn't count as my one "extra" song.

Update on the WiP-front! As my network is bitching today, I have just uploaded a new mp3 instead of replacing the first one.

Here's the link.

Your transition at :11 is bad because its non existant. Start by making one :P. The beginning is nice, but I would hold a string chord for the tonal ambience. I suppose this use of slayer is passable, but as always, an actual synth would sound much fuller and more interesting. Good start, keep working at it.

Well since there are gonna be many live instruments in this project, I might suggest the use of an actual guitar.

It's true the transition is bad; you have to lengthen this intro and add something to link it to the actual song (snare roll, strings arpeggio ? hmmmm), and definitely add a crash cymbal when all starts. In the intro I head a bass synth and a lead one starting together, and that's kinda brutal. You could fade in that bass synth and then start with the lead one, or start with the lead one alone and then add the bass one, depending on what kind of feeling you want. Also, I think the idea of 5/8 is mighty cool but doesn't fit the intro well, because there are no drums and it feels just off. Perhaps doing this bit in 6/8 would be better? anyways that's just me.

Cool bass groove, cool time signature, cool strings samples: this looks very promising. I'm a sucker for odd times so you got me there. I might suggest adding velocities to the hi-hat though because it sounds very much artificial as is. Maybe adding some very quiet 16th notes to the 8th note pulse would be cool, I dunno, it's your song. And maybe you've thought of that already since it's a baby WIP. Oh well...

Hot shit so far. Soraya and I could both record answering guitar parts ;)

I'll record guitars for you if you want me to. o_O;

Just send me the sheet music or tab when you're done.

...and I hope there's time to think, because there are so many awesome songs, it's a big dilemma. XD

EDIT: I see Castle of Dhaos was removed from the listing... if it was because nobody was picking it up, I'd be happy to do it. As long as it doesn't count as my one "extra" song.

It was brought to my attention that Castle of the Dhaos would be difficult for even a skilled musician to remix, and if you listen to it, it does sound pretty strange. There will be a song (or possibly two) put in its place, but I'm not sure what yet; I have to talk to a few people about it. *coughGhettoLeeLewiscough* ;)

Also, if you remember the original written rule correctly, those who already have two songs (or more, but that's not the case right now) claimed are exempt from the ability to choose an unlisted song. I did that because I don't believe it'd be fair for one person to have a bunch of songs like that; it'd be much better to change it up a bit so there's an all-around better mix of people (and therefore, styles) on the final project.

Yeah, just thought I'd offer. ^^ Of course, I already had an arrangement figured out. I almost never offer to sign up unless I have a good idea first.

Anyway, I hope Lewis does end up on the project. There better not be more ToS songs than ToP songs! The soundtrack war will be fought valiantly by both sides!:wink:

I like your rules addition very much, maybe I will pick up another song after finishing my first one. But it leaves one question open. If someome who is not yet listed wants to do a remix for the project and everything is taken already, what happens then?

Edit: WIP 2 of my contribution here

As I explained in the first post of this thread, more than one person is able to claim a song. The song that ultimately makes it onto the project, out of the multiple remixes of the same track, will be decided on by myself and Lea. If our opinions either conflict or we agree that both of the remixes are good, we will put forth a voting procedure in which the people who are involved with the project will decide which version of the song will be on the final product (the voting is the likely scenario). In the case of a person who has claimed both a track currently listed and an alternate unlisted track going up against someone else; the alternate track will still be put on the project, regardless of the outcome of the coordinator/voter decision on the listed track.

I hope that makes sense. I just woke up. :P

EDIT: YES! Welcome to the project, Gray! :)

EDIT 2: Teliskopic; try clicking mine again. I just changed the link.

Hi again! Sigs all working nicely!

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History