Sign in to follow this  
KyleJCrb

Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

Due to the incessant amount of spambot registration, I've decided to close new user registration on the project forums. The amount of legitimate users registering right now during this lull in activity is probably about 1 in every 200 or so, if that. I figure everyone who has wanted/needed to register (such as project remixers) at this point already has, but if you're from elsewhere and really want to register, contact me and I'll set you up.

Registration will be reopened after the SoS project has been released. (So never then! HAH!)

Kyle, this could help you guys out. Worked for the sd3 project forum, we haven't had a single spambot since I put in an extra question. You can check it out for yourself.

I've tried adding questions and other forms of stopping them like that. It helped for quite awhile, but this new registration onslaught I've been getting lately is particularly vicious. They're all registering using popular email addresses like gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. etc. otherwise I'd just ban the domain names of the email they're using. It's crazy.

Is pu_freak's Vigorous Town mix still on the project? I see it's up on the list at the project forums (which was updated two months ago), but not here...

This project not being done has turned into a staple of the Projects forum. It's gonna suck when the project finally comes out and I'll have nothing left to make fun of... except the music that is.

Is pu_freak's Vigorous Town mix still on the project? I see it's up on the list at the project forums (which was updated two months ago), but not here...

Ooooh fans ;) (or he was relieved that there was only one mix of mine left in the project :P)

This project not being done has turned into a staple of the Projects forum. It's gonna suck when the project finally comes out and I'll have nothing left to make fun of... except the music that is.

Except my tracks because they are awesome and there is absolutely nothing bad in them that you could possibly make fun of at all.

Except my tracks because they are awesome and there is absolutely nothing bad in them that you could possibly make fun of at all.

Well, yes, I am confident that I will enjoy at least half the album. The rest I'll have to wait and hear.

96kpbs Real Audio streaming only.

this is only for the paying members, the rest get a call and we play it over the phone. cell phone. in a subway.

edit: hot shit, 200!

Just curious, will this be released in FLAC (or losslessly) as well?

FLAC and MP3 is the plan. I have all of the waves, so a lossless release is entirely doable.

FLAC and MP3 is the plan. I have all of the waves, so a lossless release is entirely doable.

Hotness, I definitely was hoping so. I was really disappointed when I saw that several of the previous OCR albums available were MP3-only, as I enjoy losslessly archiving music. Thanks for the good news and clarification. :razz:

Hotness, I definitely was hoping so. I was really disappointed when I saw that several of the previous OCR albums available were MP3-only, as I enjoy losslessly archiving music. Thanks for the good news and clarification. :razz:

I'd probably need a bigger hard drive for this...

I'd probably need a bigger hard drive for this...

One hard drive alone can never contain this amount of awesomeness!

or something...

One hard drive alone can never contain this amount of awesomeness!

or something...

Not even...a TERRABYTE? 'Cause Fry's Electronics has 1TB SATA hard drives for cheap, last I knew. Delicious space I cannot have...

The main project songs will be 5 terabytes alone. That's not taking into account the bonus content, which currently adds another 2 terabytes (and is growing as we plan more awesome stuff).

Break out those supercomputers!

Break those supercomputers!

Fix'd.

In all seriousness though...SEVEN TERRABYTES?! Jesus! How the heck do you guys have space for that stuff? Online hosting?

Also, inb4 "lol sarcasm."

Hey, I just wanted to drop in and say a few things.

A. You guys are awesome. I was really hoping for a ToS remix and it sounds like you guys are going to remix the heck out of it. I'm almost as excited about this release as I am about Dawn of the New World, and that's saying something given how ridiculously much I enjoyed the first ToS. (and to be fair, I played the GBA version of ToP and liked that, too, albeit not as much as ToS, so I'm sure the ToP stuff will be great, too, even if I'm not quite as familiar with it)

B. What exactly is the deal with your site? I visited the latest forums, but it looks like the site is down, which is a shame since I would've really liked to give that bonus track a listen.

C. Would you be opposed to me putting a banner for the project in my sig if I saw fit? I know you're almost finished already, but more publicity can't hurt, right? Granted, I haven't decided whether or not I want to, but I figured I'd ask since I'm new and don't know all the etiquette involved in this stuff. I wouldn't want anyone accusing me of stealing their banner.