Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just have to say how excited I am about this project, and how much I cannot wait for it to be finished. I know it's close to completion, but I have been checking every week to see if it has released yet :) Thank you so much for all the work put into this project, and know that you have some loyal fans looking forward to the release!

• 2 weeks later...
Man I wish there was an Official english release of this game. Maybe on the Virtual console or something.

Yeah, but the unofficial release was so good that SD3 remains one of the best RPGs I've ever played, so if they were to re-release, I hope they update it a little.

Can we get another album preview since release is still a ways off? :)

It's not necessarily a WAYS off, we just don't know when we're expecting it to be done and January has just been historically crazy, creating an obstacle for a lot of people.

The next album preview has already long since been planned to be made up and released once we got everything in. I am tempted to wring up a pretty dirty little preview sampler myself to help satisfy, because you're right, the development on this project has just been supernaturally slow and there just hasn't been any healthy way to get around it, but I also don't really have the authority to make or release one. Rozovian's got that and he wants to wait until they're all in.

These things just happen. If this were an album project for a major hit game that everyone knew, we would've accomplished this album 3x over by now as everyone on it would've likely been jazzed up enough to do it quickly and we would've gotten support from most of the major remixers on this site. SD3 is only a cult hit, so we weren't able to drum up interest as quickly.

Doesn't really matter though, we have a high quality triple album from a LOT of talent across the OCR ages and beyond, and this album is guaranteed not to fail at this point. All it is is a matter of time now. :)

So stay patient, you'll most likely be seeing this album sooner than later. Good to see we still have people salivating for it - keep that hunger alive and you will be quite satisfied once it comes out.

It's not necessarily a WAYS off, we just don't know when we're expecting it to be done and January has just been historically crazy, creating an obstacle for a lot of people.

The next album preview has already long since been planned to be made up and released once we got everything in. I am tempted to wring up a pretty dirty little preview sampler myself to help satisfy, because you're right, the development on this project has just been supernaturally slow and there just hasn't been any healthy way to get around it, but I also don't really have the authority to make or release one. Rozovian's got that and he wants to wait until they're all in.

These things just happen. If this were an album project for a major hit game that everyone knew, we would've accomplished this album 3x over by now as everyone on it would've likely been jazzed up enough to do it quickly and we would've gotten support from most of the major remixers on this site. SD3 is only a cult hit, so we weren't able to drum up interest as quickly.

Doesn't really matter though, we have a high quality triple album from a LOT of talent across the OCR ages and beyond, and this album is guaranteed not to fail at this point. All it is is a matter of time now. :)

So stay patient, you'll most likely be seeing this album sooner than later. Good to see we still have people salivating for it - keep that hunger alive and you will be quite satisfied once it comes out.

This actually helps just knowing that you all are as passionate about releasing the project as your fans are in hearing it. :) This was such a great game, and it is a crying shame that it was never released in Western markets. The tremendous translation job done for the game highlights how much of an impact the game had on its fans, and its soundtrack is worthy of the love being devoted to it in this project. Thanks again for the response and for being a part of this for us fans!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick, positive, mini-update - Rozovian's Frenzy mix is, IMO at least, pretty much done, just needs maybe 20 minutes worth of fixin' in the old DAW. He's still busy as hell, just like we all have been, but it's so close to done I can consider it done. :)

The other one, Usa's Reincarnation got another significant upgrade in the WIP department. He's got a sweet, flowing 80s new age thing going on there. It's fairly conservative on arrangement, but, honestly, that track is so minimalist that it's surprisingly difficult to arrange it in any other way. I was really digging it myself and think it stands on unique ground compared to other arrangements we have so far.

So, basically, we're only really missing about half a track right now and that should come sooner than later. There's not many times you can genuinely say something you're working on is AT LEAST 99% finished. :)

Mark it, dude. Rozovian's track is complete. May have some improvements all the same, but it's at a place we can be satisfied with it.

Usa's track is going to come a bit later, no worries there. We waited this long, whats another little bit? All the time goes towards quality anyway. Now we really do only have half a track left. :)

Ok, FOR SERIOUS NOW GUYS, let's get some ideas on what we can do to PR this sucker beyond just OCR's usual press for project releases. This project's been in the slow cooker for how many years? Does anyone even remember? Let's make up for lost time by REALLY giving this project it's due on the social circuits. I've got a bunch of names and contacts for PR, but let's keep the brainstorming going. More than just posting on Facebook and such.

What can we do to really get people listing to this album?

First post edited.

it's time for album evals once we get the last track in. After that, we'll see what judges and mods say about it all. I suspect a number of tracks will need some refinement, and I fear a track or two might not meet the standards at all, but if they can't be fixed, they'll be bonus tracks. No more delays, if it can be helped.

Also, this album is going to be spectacularly awesome. You guys have no idea how much awesome we've kept secret from you all. :D

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic