Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

I don't follow or know much about OC University, so I couldn't tell you what context of albums they were speaking in, but hopefully it is a rather irritating oversight (I realize this project is still so long in the making but c'mon!) or just not the context of albums they were talking in as opposed to a deliberate slight. Be it deliberate, heads are going to roll!

RAWR

At the ConBravo panel hosted by the OC University guys, they had a slide listing the albums upcoming this year. Funny that this one didn't get included on that slide. It seems so close to being done.  ;-)

Maybe it's because none of those guys contributed to this album?

It's been a month and a half since the last post, and I'm really looking forward to this album, so I thought I'd sign up and say something, considering I've been lurking here for probably 11 years (I think I found out about this site in 04 or 05).

No idea what was shown, but ocr staff has the release schedule, so they'd know what gets released this year, and several of them are involved in OCU. The album is done and being evaluated by ocr staff. There's still a few things (art and website-related, mostly) that we need to do before we could release this.

You're not the only one looking forward to this album's release. With the music being done, it irks me that we can't just release the album right now (or even months ago), but ocr has an album release schedule and queue for a reason. We should be ready for release this year, but the actual release seems to be next year. Can't cut in line.

Not cutting in line... I think that might be an oversimplification of it. There's definitely line cutting that does occur, and the reasoning for such things should at least be somewhat transparent, but it isn't. So there's no real determinable answer as to why this isn't being prioritized more than it currently is. Not having the artwork and website done yet is a good contributor to it not coming out yet. 

It doesn't matter if the album has been in production for several years. If something is still missing for its release, it won't come out until that issue is solved. That's why other projects, despite being newer but having everything done, may get released before.

Out of curiosity, what albums did the slide show? :)

To be honest, I can't remember any of them, because I was just disappointed that this one wasn't included on the list. :)

I think maybe the FFV part 2 was on there - they joked about how it was split up into parts so it would release faster but despite that, it's still been a very slow release. Also, maybe another Heroes vs Villains one, and maybe another one for something like MAGFest. I think there were four or five on the slide, but honestly I could be wrong about all three of these guesses. Their panel was early in the morning after a long night. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, the current state of things:

Music - Being evaluated, looking good so far.

Art - We have a few unfinished pieces left, but the art is looking great. We don't mind more artists and more art (can't have too much art), provided the artists' style is consistent with keiiii's, or that they're prolific enough to produce enough work to stand on their own in the official trailer and other promotional stuff. 

Trailer - I need to check with Jose if he's still on board for this, otherwise we'll need someone else for this. Some animation skill necessary.

Website - We need someone to do the coding. We have a nice looking design, we just need to make it a website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but why don't we get the ball rolling on that anyway and see if it helps. :D

MeteoXavierSD3Funding@gmail.com - Paypal account.

Disclaimer: Donations may not reflect or influence project speed or progress, but if you're silly enough to believe this money will go towards anything Seiken Densetsu 3 related except funding my weekend meeting ladyboys in Thailand, you can just disregard this disclaimer.

• 2 weeks later...

For those wondering about progress... we're inching on. I've been writing writeups/track notes, and will probably do the same for artists, just so we've got something to put on the website before trying to down every remixer for their thoughts and bios and stuff.

Also, don't pay Meteo. I think he works better when he's starving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh for the love of God, I'll just do the damn website myself. If I thought it was going to take this long, I'd have hand-coded the fucking thing by now.

Not to come across negative and aggressive but holy shit, its still not even started yet? The fuck, guys?

Ok, here's how this is going to work. I've got some pull at the office so I'm going to build it in a premiere Wordpress theme, with help from my co-workers if needed. I can create the website copy, arrange the elements as needed and plug SEO into it so that it will help get some web traffic. I'd like to be able to generate each remix track as posts so as to keep SEO going on it and because I'm used to doing that now anyway. Remixer bio and such info will be in the post as well. If you don't have a bio or something ready for me to use then I'm probably going to generate one for you (don't worry, it will be tasteful). Remixer pictures I'd like to avoid if possible.

The complicated part will come from the artwork. Keiiii and such have delivered us a bunch to use and I've seen exactly jack squat of it. I'll need whoever from Ocremix to help with banners and background art and get it arranged so I can plug it in to the website. If worse comes to worse, I can probably get my co-workers to help me in on that too, though that much at least really should come from someone here at Ocremix.

I expect I can start in about a month due to my current schedule. Sound good? Well, doesn't matter, I'm doing it anyway because apparently no one else is going to. >:P

Not to come across negative and aggressive but holy shit, its still not even started yet? The fuck, guys?

Oh, but there is a website. Though as mentioned earlier, I was having a hard time IRL and couldn't keep working on it.

Rozo was happy with it at the time, so I don't understand the silent treatment. Here's proof Gildervine didn't eat the site:

SD3webdem015.jpg

Website: We're discussing the site with Meteo currently, and once we know what we want to do, we'll tell whoever's involved. I'm impressed by what Special-Man showed me of his previous work, it's just not the design we're looking for. Dj Mokram's design is, but it needs to go from image to web page. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted, but it _can_ be better. No Spume.

I thought you stopped talking to me, Mokram, having reached a point where you couldn't do more. I must have misunderstood. Or I meant to get back to you but something got in the way and I forgot.

Eval: It _is_ in eval... kind of. I realized I sort of skipped a few steps in my rush to get it there. There's a document in Projects, or somewhere, with everything that should be done for the album when sending it to eval. Unless I've misread it. And unless it's actually somewhere else.

I've got the unfair advantage of being site staff, so I can read the eval posts. So far, there's one complete evaluation of the music.

Next step: Find the art, check with keiiii about any remaining pieces, upload that stuff to ocr too. I recently moved, so I've been moving things and adjusting to the new place this past month. My desktop computer's GPU cooling pipes broke a little before the move. The machine runs as usual, no data has been lost, but I can only use it for around 10 minutes at a time or else the GPU gets alarmingly hot. It's a rather old machine. As it's a Mac, it's not that easy to swap out parts. I'll get myself a new music computer once I can afford it. In the mean time, I'll do what I can from the laptop. With all the stuff copied at different times to different external drives, I'd have to find the most recent copies of the art, wherever I might have saved that. Shouldn't take that long once I just sit down and do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Winter vacation abroad coming up, so I won't be able to do much online for the next week or so. I'll do what I can to set up the next phase of the website development while there. Meteo and I have discussed this a bit, and he'll be taking over the "making sure things get done" part concerning the website, as that's not really my strong suit as evidenced by how this thing _still is not done_.

For anyone interested in some Mana series music, I've got a mana medley on this year's AOCC, and have for the past few years now made sure to always contribute something from the Mana series. Merry xmas, happy new year, and all that stuff, to everyone. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic