Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

toadcoversketch2.jpg

Here it is guys! This is the concept for the album cover. It's done all in water color. I'm going for murky, moody, and melancholy, in keeping with the overall theme of the project. It's also done mostly in blues, since deep blues tend to be associated with a feeling of sadness and brooding. I chose Mt. Tamaranch as the subject, since it's probably the most recognizable image from Link's Awakening.

Lurking in the background, hidden behind the type, is the Hylian crest, to further associate the image with Zelda. It's near-invisibility testifies to Link's separation from Hyrule on Koholint.

I'll probably end up painting more of these. This was a fairly quick exercise. I may also try to make the title look more Zelda-ish. The Zelda font isn't very good for long titles, so for now Garamound will do.

a) Love the art

B) Prophet, if you need any more stuff from me for my mix, let me know cause crunch-time for all my mixes is coming up and I dunno how much time I can put back into this one. It's so far back for me musically that I'm beginning to relate less and less to that WIP. Yes, that is now the difference that a few months makes :razz:

Edit: also, you suck because according to OP our song is apparently WIP'd but I'm not part of the project? Breaking laws of logic and quantum mechanics, you are! And 8 weeks til MAG.

Since Tail Cave still wasn't claimed according to the first post, I made a wip and uploaded it to the ftp. Please tell me what you think! Personally, I think the bass is ugly and the vox should probably be run through autotune after I rerecord it for better timing - then I'll raise the volume on them, too. Lead guitar is a little sloppy. Drums loop. Other than that, I think it's pretty cool so far. I should probably throw a wurlitzer in there too for good measure.

About the title, it sounds like spy music, and "Tail Cave" can only mean one thing to a perv like myself. I guess there's a better phrasing for what I'm trying to say though. Try to squeeze in something about the prophet of muh-fisto if you can.

actually, dafydd, tail cave has three suitors currently who've been sending me project tracks. one of them will be chosen, since they've been in contact with me for over a month =) theophany, sound test, and a new guy (obtuse) have been working on wips. one'll be the 'official' track, and the other two will be bonus releases on the album.

i didn't write it in as claimed because no one's really nailed it down yet, and i only got actual wips over the weekend from them.

profit from mah fist, yo!

Oh. Ok. Well, in case the others give up, do you want me to keep this wip away from public until they're done, or can I consider it a non-project wip and post it in the wip forum right away?

Glad I didn't ask you first though, if I'd known I wouldn't have made it, and I learned a lot in the process and bumped my self-confidence while I was at it.

profit from mah fist, yo!

Sounds a little violent, not to mention it loses the "spy" feel. But nicely done!

there aren't any, really. if you want

to contribute then just shoot me a

pm saying what you'd like to try

remixing.

Along those lines, do you think you could further qualify the list on the first page to show how many of the "open" tracks have nobody interested in them (or having sent small WIPs or whatnot)? It says Tail Cave is open, but a few posts ago you showed that like four people are aiming for it and three have even sent in WIPs, so for a newbie like me or the other guy you were just responding to there'd be no reason to try to join the fray there necessarily.

Yes, I'm aware there's a newbie who's aiming for it, but he's put his money where his mouth is by submitting a WIP, right?

update 11/19/09: so, calebyte and company (i think we're up to three artists now) are doing individual artwork for each track. it'll be released in an artbook-style format along with the music. pretty awesome.

what what what holy crap

Looking forward to seeing all that artwork. Are they all going to have the watercolory goodness of Calebyte's cover, or will they show moody somewhat melancholy peaceful reflective nostalgia in different ways? That cover's pretty great.

I had a similar idea for Essence of Lime, but didn't think anyone would be willing to do that much work. Then again, this project has fewer tracks.