Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Depends on what platform you're on. As far as I know, the most accurate gbs plugins are for winamp, but if you don't care so much about accuracy, you can also try something like Meridian Advance, which is a stand-alone, simple application, which is unlikely to mess up your computer the way winamp would for someone who doesn't like it.

For some games, the soundtrack comes bundled with a gb file (a gameboy rom) that can be opened in any gameboy emulator and which only works as a player for the game soundtrack. That would be another option.

Holy shit, you got bLiNd on your project?

Fuck you, Proph. I hate you now. Go die in a desert.

I wanted bLiNd for my project...

This made me laugh and feel bad at the same time. lol but bLiNd doesn't know much about Pokemon in all general. :\ PLUS I'm the one that makes him do the projects most of the time anyway. lol Don't take it personal. :(

:shock: Holy ever-living...! That's total awesomeness right there!

hahaha... What's up with this? I should've made him do this track a while back... If you remember or read back on this thread, I had hoped this project would have a good version of Tal Tal Heights. I've been hooked on it since Disco Dan remixed it. Speaking of which... I miss that guy's music. :\ Anyways, I was web browsing through the projects tonight and came across it again. I convinced bLiNd if he remixed it, he would get a good reward. :wink:

winamp is free, you know, right?

can't you just load the gbs tracks into a gba emulator to listen to them?

I am searching high and low and not finding the track files online. Perhaps I just don't know where to look? I found many sites with music from the game but all were either incomplete or using different track titles. Is it so terribly difficult to make an .mp3 version of the original soundtrack that we can all listen to without having to install two programs we'll never use for anything else?

Sorry. I just work up.

hey, blind, you're like the best remixer ever. your music made me want to remix.

but...

there's a genre restriction on this project that will limit anything on it to more of a downtempo kind of feel. i know it says electronica, but it's supposed to be more trippish and less house-y. if you don't mind doing something more rainy-day, you're totally in without question.

hey, cn, let me know when you've got more of a wip, and send it my way. looking forward to hearing it.

Okay! I've found a complete .mp3 posting of the all in game music here:

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/link-s-awakening-dx

However there are 79 tracks! I managed to find matches for the following:

tail cave

catfishes maw

wind fishes egg

But I'm not sure which track matches the "ballad/ending theme" you have listed. Can someone help me out? I'm pretty sure that's the one I want to remix. As I recall, it's the main theme to the game. I listened to track 75 on the list but it's only 1:11 which does not match the 3:09 listed in the .m3u file.

hey, blind, you're like the best remixer ever. your music made me want to remix.

but...

there's a genre restriction on this project that will limit anything on it to more of a downtempo kind of feel. i know it says electronica, but it's supposed to be more trippish and less house-y. if you don't mind doing something more rainy-day, you're totally in without question.

hey, cn, let me know when you've got more of a wip, and send it my way. looking forward to hearing it.

Before he asked you to be on this project, him and I talked about maybe rock with electronic. We're not sure yet 'cos he has to speak to a certain person first. Is that possibly better or ok?

don't worry dude. there is an entire side of bLiNd most people don't know about. I actually do compose orchestra, rock, and ambient and produce it all. I have spent insanes amount of money on sample collections (anything big I have it) I have tons of music no one has heard in every style but dance. Anyway Tal Tal would NOT work for any of my normal remix styles anyway. I do want to get sixto in on the track though :P

Sixto and bLiNd? What is this project coming to?

I might as well say it right now - the Ballad of the Windfish is up for grabs, unless someone wants a collab. Otherwise, it'd be cool if someone wanted to build on the arrangement I already have. Now that they're here, it's only a matter of time before more superstars want to join. And my track needs live guitars (acoustic and electric) anyway.

lol =) you're ON!

if you want better samples for orchestral stuff, someone just picked up vsl...and it's out of control.

i can't wait for a wip! the track's technically not yours until you do one, but it's not like i'm going to let some nobody take your place.

VSL is on my wish list. A damn expensive wish list at that. lol I'll have to get an extra HDD for it too.

No matter how hard I try I can't get my strings to sound "good enough". I know VSL happens to be the best so I'll just have to get it and be satisfied.

hahaha :P

yea i got vsl special, ive had it for 2 years.

honestly the special edition is what you need and its only good for certain things. the solo instruments are worth the ticket price mainly because of the legato intervals. But to truly get full quality in a mockup you need a combination of libraries including ewqlso and symphobia at this point. they all have their strengths and weaknesses and if you cleverly mix it and do it properly people will be left with a ?? over their heads haha. Ive tried soooo many different things with the libraries and I have come up with a great system that works. Anyway, so you are saying as long as its mellow? so when you say rock you mean as in no death distortion right? Beats that dont slam you in the face? The closest style I can think of for this combinatin is musashi hamazua on dirge of cerberus (just the ambient orchestra he does) Can you throw me a WIP or and example so I dont waste time?

beats and distortion are ok, but the main thing is that it's not racing super fast the whole time, and that it's more of a rainy-day track than a high-energy one. that's the entire limitation. does that make sense?

if it doesn't, let's continue this conversation in a pm so we don't give it away =)

the biggest issue i've got with vsl is that gigastudio SUCKS. i use kontakt 3, and then you can't use the performance tool.

aah ok, well tal tal is high tempo track but i can make it work.

i have vsl special edition (which is the vst version and the most recent edition of their samples) so i dont have to deal with gigastudio. opus 1 and 2 might still be around to buy for cheap and you can use those in kontakt 2 and up and you dont need the performance tool. giga is a pain....

bLiNd's jumping in? Sweet :D

And Brad, relax; I'm sure he can do something fine for the project. I know he mainly does a lot of high-energy trance but I know he can manage downtempo stuff well. I mean, "Blue Vision" was the first track I heard from him and I really loved the vibes that I managed to get from that, so I think he might go with a similar approach or something.

Directing it more to the man himself, welcome to the project :)