OCR02448 - PaRappa the Rapper "A Lesson from Teacher"

djpretzel

Tron Legacy's Son of Flynn-ish intro FTW! LOL

The textures and vocal samples are placed very well. That bassline is also very nicely done! I'm going to keep this review short. This remix definitely shows Kraftwork quirks and Daft Punk stylins. I do loose my focus after a while during the song as there's a bit of a repetition-ish issues, but it's well done and composed.

8/10

Edit: BTW, I <3 the drums!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really starting to like Anti-Syne's remixes as well. There's a raw, under-processed feel to the electronic music he makes but it comes together well. Those pads that slide in really set the groove for me. I did have some difficulty catching on to the source, but the source was simple enough already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh yeah, love the gritty robotic vocal clips in this! So much fun listening to this ReMix because of it. The electronica underneath it is smooth and sounds incredible. I can hear what DJP said about the Mortal Kombat kind of idea, but honestly, this is an awesome arrangement of one of the few Parappa songs I can stand, so well done, Anti-Syne!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02448 - PaRappa the Rapper "A Lesson from Teacher"