So... about Metal Gear Solid

Thin Crust

Metal gear is among the top franchises out there. To give you a little background, I've beaten each game this many times:

MGS1: 8 times

MGS2: 4 times

MGS3: 3 times

MGS4: 9 times

MGS portable ops: 2 times

MGS peace walker: 0 times

MG1: 0 times

MG2: 0 times

My plan was to wait until the mgs collection comes out and play all of them in chronological order to make the most epic video game journey you could ever have. It's been about 3.5 years since I played any of the games.

Well, the trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes came out(trailer here) and I immediately turned it off when it mentioned that a certain character from peace walker was still alive. Don't want any spoilers after all. When that trailer came out I ordered the collection and I have it here in front of me.

Now I want your advice. Should I wait until Ground Zeroes comes out to do this series? Or should I go through it now? If one of you is willing to play through peace walker with me on ps3 I'd do it now, because I did play the demo to death and I would really like to do it co-op style.

The MGS series has gotten somewhat stale to me. When I was a kid I beat MGS about 24 times. I only played through 3 and 4 once. I've been wanting to play 4 again since the trophy patch came out. I played Peace Walker briefly on PSP and I didn't get passed the first tank boss. Never did play co-op.

Well considering that the timeline is currently "Complete" for now, you can get the full story playing through all but Ground Zeroes. Ground Zeroes will tie into MGS5 somehow, so unless you want to wait until MGS5 comes out, you wont get the new "complete" timeline until after MGS5 :/

Ground Zeroes is also a Naked Snake aka "Big Boss" game, takes place after Peace Walker but before MG1 for those who didn't know

AC!D and Ghost Babbel are non-canon as mentioned, so they wouldn't complete the timeline. (Same with Snake's Revenge, which we can kindly forget about)

I loved MGS2 on the PS2, didn't finish MGS3, or MGS4 (yet).

Revengeance looks good. >:]

And it could be dead...There was a catastrophic development in terms of the console wars.

The guys who are doing MGR have well.. yeah. I dont know what the hell is going on with Sega right now but based off what i saw on joystiq.com Bayonetta 2 is going to be a WII U EXCLUSIVE! Which means either MGR is either in its final stages and they're getting back to Bayonetta or they've canned the project entirely. Hopefully someone has recent news on this because if the Bayonetta 2 thing is real i cant see platnum games being happy and especially Team Little Angel.

Oh and also, I've noticed a trend when it comes to metal gear solid games.

1. They always take an incredibly long development cycle.

2. They spoil the whole game in it's trailers.

3. They are always perfect. (as in extremely fine tuned. Have you ever seen a significant glitch?)

And seeing as Ground Zeroes is going to be an open world metal gear game, I can't imagine how long it is going to be in development. Not only because of all the normal work, but because open world games always have many glitches and they are going to make sure they wont have any such post release problems. Look at infamous, fallout, skyrim, gta.

So again, is anyone willing to play co-op peace walker on PS3 with me?

And it could be dead...There was a catastrophic development in terms of the console wars.

The guys who are doing MGR have well.. yeah. I dont know what the hell is going on with Sega right now but based off what i saw on joystiq.com Bayonetta 2 is going to be a WII U EXCLUSIVE! Which means either MGR is either in its final stages and they're getting back to Bayonetta or they've canned the project entirely. Hopefully someone has recent news on this because if the Bayonetta 2 thing is real i cant see platnum games being happy and especially Team Little Angel.

Reveangence is probably fine, it's major development issues were way way back when it was still known as Rising, Kojima saw his studio was doing an awful job without his supervision and fobbed it off on Platinum to finish who changed the title (amongst a lot of other things) to Reveangence. I've not heard of any other problems with it and it's got set release dates for February 2013.

That means it's probably your latter suggestion, the game is almost done that Platinum feels they can work on Bayonetta 2 or since all we've seen is a teaser perhaps they haven't started any work on Bayonetta yet and are just wanting to generate hype.

Stop complaining about Bayonetta, and worse trying to attribute problems with Reveangence to it there's no reason Team Little Angel should be sad since their project wouldn't exist otherwise.

Hyperion:

Just so you know: Sega only published/funded Bayonetta, Platinum Games was the developer. This has nothing to do with Revengence, which is published/funded by Konami (who are doing a lot better than Sega financially).

Like Ptazza said, Platinum has a safe funding with Nintendo publishing/funding some of their games now too, why they would be sad?

Though, I have a feeling Revengence won't be vital to the MGS timeline. If even canon at this point, but we'll see