Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick message to let you all know that I'm not dead.

I've been working on loads of band stuff recently, and trying (read:failing) to change jobs, which has been taking up a significant amount of the rest.

The good news is that, short of me getting a new job in the next 3 weeks, I'll be cutting down my shifts at work to 2-3 a week rather than what I'm currently doing (5-6, plus gigging/practicing with the band).

While that sounds more like bad news, it ultimately means that I'll be able to spend a significant amount more time on these tracks. I may miss the WIP date, but it won't be by much.

I'll do my utmost to get at least something down for it!

It's almost the WIP date / my birthday combo and I'm expecting lots and lots of gifts :-D Pweaaase

Interesting though, I think we had around 20 songs for FF1 and maybe 19 or so for FF2 and we already have 15 done for FF3. We're definitely getting there! But 29 left to go?! This is a big'n. :-)

Edited by Brandon Strader

close call... but for your birfday and mine both I'mma have TWTTop *finally* in your hands, brotha.

*smoke bomb teleports into the project thread to see everything I missed*

Editing this to say holy crud Sir J's mix is amaaaaaaaaaazing, amazing! I need more Sir J in my life :-o

• 1 month later...

Alright, it's been a super long time, and the WIP date is tomorrow -- we got 1 WAV, a suave jazzy Chocobo song from Amphibious. Thank you! :-)

THREE SONGS have been put up for grabs which means I'm looking for someone very talented to take them over. Under the Deep Sea is one of my favorites so it would be amazing to get something really special for it!

Let's push the next WIP date to January 15th. If I don't hear updates for some of these other songs they may be put up for grabs as well. It's time to get the album moving closer to completion -- January 15th, 2015 will be the 2 year anniversary of the album announcement.. so, let's make it happen!

OH CRAP! I forgot about the deadline ;_; I definitely need to note down the Jan 15 milestone and get back to it.

Yeah, what did I do x.x

Don't worry, I didn't put yours up for grabs just yet >:] Definitely hoping for some progress soon though! :-D

We're at 74 minutes with what is done, so that's basically a whole disc -- the album is really coming together so I hope people are hyped and excited about getting this done.. FF2 should be "coming soon" to OCR as well... ;-)

• 2 months later...

It's a good WIP but it'll be a nice ReMix when it's completed! :-P I know that feeling though.

I've been a little lenient with the WIP stuff... realized some people I hadn't even talked to since July... that was a long time ago. So as a result of that there wasn't a whole ton of movement except from the very dedicated. I'll be in touch with some people and if you check the listing there is already some stuff that was up for grabs which is now just in the unclaimed list.

This here is a friendly reminder to please pop in some WIPs! I'll be reverting everyone back to RED once the deadline hits, except for people who have recently sent in a WIP. This will make it easier for me to remember who I have contacted about WIPs and which WIPs have been received.

As a last note please don't be discouraged by the lack of movement or updates between remixers and OCR itself, these things are common and expected to a degree -- and these things have never stopped albums from coming together in the past. You're the most important part of that. You've just got to choose to be a part of something amazing and have faith that everything will work out in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bad news folks, we lost a couple of claims today. The remixers in question are unable to continue with their mix at this time. The sources have been moved to the unclaimed list. Life comes first -- if for any reason someone feels they can't finish their song, please let me know.

Now the next date is going to be March 31st

If progress isn't made on remixes by this date, they will become open for new claims -- moved to the unclaimed list. The "up for grabs" phase is over as the project has moved past its 2 year birthday.

Please use the project subforum for posting WIPs and if anyone has questions or concerns, post here or feel free to send me a PM. Thank you!

Tuberz has a good track record (no pun intended), having already been on 2 finished song and has claims on 2 other songs -- it is for that reason that I think we should let the toast be buttered a little less with Mr. McGee! On the other hand if you do manage to make a mega collab with a sweet roster and arrangement, it'll be a "for sure" situation 8)

You're trying to do to FF3 what XPRTNovice did to FF6!

The unclaimed list IS getting bigger, but it WON'T be hard to find coverage for songs like Last Battle and others (I'm actively seeking remixers for some of them, but not Last Battle yet, will wait and see if you do manage to cook up some kind of mega collab concept!)

• 3 weeks later...

Brandon, I sent you a brief 'demo' trying to get the sound design on the Prelude arps down. By the 31st, what I want to do is to at least make sure it A) sounds exactly like the chip-harp that I'm looking for, and B) unable to get the boot from Squeenix PA.

Other than that, there are 4 other projects that WILL be out this year that want input from me within the next 6 weeks.