Need computer games for kids

Rozovian

I work with kids in early school age, mostly 7-9-yearolds. Once a week, we have a game hour, where they can play on their phones, 3DSs, whatever. I've brought my laptop along, and it's been loads of fun.

We've had a blast playing Jamestown, and they've displayed the same frustration/love for VVVVVV as I remember from old, die-a-lot games from my childhood.

But I don't know what else to bring. So far it seems like it'd have to be something they can play together (Jamestown), something with short levels (Jamestown), something with simple controls (VVVVVV), a forgiving pace (VVVVVV), and/or in the case of longer games something where they can switch players mid-game (VVVVVV).

Suggestions, ideas, thoughts, experiences, questions?

My son is 8 and he is completely addicted to Minecraft. He can play for hours and he is so creative. When his friends come over, they all bring their devices and they play together. We are just starting to get into mods... which is cool but can't be played together afaik... but for just the straight Minecraft, it is a total winner with this age group.

FRACTION FRENZY. [/caps]

Back when I decided to play that in class because I was bored... I didn't get in trouble because why? BCUZ FRACTIONZ. I think it was using the Shockwave Player.

Nah, just kidding, that's too math-intensive. Some kids come with other students at my university and play at coolmath4kids.com. They happen to like it even though it's math.

Edited by timaeus222

My son is 8 and he is completely addicted to Minecraft. He can play for hours and he is so creative. When his friends come over, they all bring their devices and they play together. We are just starting to get into mods... which is cool but can't be played together afaik... but for just the straight Minecraft, it is a total winner with this age group.

Minecraft's old.

lol that's just an answer anyone would give.

no offense.