OCR00393 - Chrono Cross "Time Scars"

Saunders

Chrono Cross 'Time Scars'

I love the Time’s Scar tune from Chrono Cross. And FFmDj’s rendition here is well done. Nothing special though really, it’s trance or techno or some such thing, I’m never sure when it comes to this genre (I really need to learn my genres don’t I?) It’s well done techno, like all of the stuff I've heard from FFmDj, almost professional sounding. Not much else to say really. 3/5

• 1 month later...

a simple dance mix, like much of ffmusicdj's music before his original Winter to Spring track, but every bit as memorable as his newer works. just listen to that Fine bassline throughout the first half of the mix, and let the rhythm take control of you

his Final Fantasy VI - Airship mix also makes good use of his old style

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another mix by our very well-viewed FFMusicDj here, the nice beatline to this song makes it easy to follow. The bells give it a special feel to it, somethign you just dont see every day, but thats still quite memorable.

The mix isnt very compatible with the other game, but still very good to play in a party, good job again FFMusicDj.

• 3 months later...

I must say, FFmusic DJ, or Haroon, or whatever you wanna call him, has established himself here at OCR as one of the best, and it shows with his rendition of Time Scars from Chrono Cross, short but sweet is what I like to call it, very sweeping feel to it, it always makes me imagine the landscapes of Chrono Cross, the lush green fields.....

Such is the power of music when it is put into the hands of composers and competent remixers.....

• 5 months later...

I love dance mixes. I love Chrono Cross. This number puts the two together nicely, and originally (unlike certain other remixes of this song, however good in quality, which shall remain nameless...).

But it's too short! That's always been my complaint about this song and its mixes.

• 1 month later...

I like this one, yes ^_^

The ambience it gives off means its good for breaking a mix down into something more chillouty or something so its good on that front.

The only major gripe I have with this is I didnt like the use of a default fruityloops soundfont...

But then, thats no real reason to hate a track outright, it just kinda spoiled it.

I dont have any problems with the length for some reason...people are saying its too short, but I think its fine.

I never used fruity loops to make this track.

never.....

I didnt say you did, sir.

Simply used one of the soundfonts.

ooh .. sorry ...

... no ...

I didnt. it was all done in reason 1.0.

I hope I dont sound offending cause I am not trying to be, I just thought you might want to know. :D

No probs...just the melody is played on the default FL soundfont "Crystal".

But then its a common soundfont so Im pretty sure ther progs have it.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I really like this ReMix. The first time I listened to the original I got chills. This one didn't have the same effect because in the original you can feel the change of beat in some point of the song. The ReMix has the same tempo over the whole thing but it is just as great. I really love it ^_^

• 1 month later...

I really liked this remix, for one simple reason- variation. Some might say that it's a bit plain, but whether or not that's true, the song doesn't rely on extended, repetitious beats to extend the length. Granted, it's not a really long song, but I've heard way too many songs of this nature that employ 20 second strings of nothing but beat in order to keep things going. The bells are a nice touch, too. Big thumbs up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty cool stuff, there were a few dissonant areas where the chords seemed to stray a bit, but it was only for a moment and nothing too catastrophic came of it, so it gets a pass. I love the bass sound and the bells.

A pretty cool take on the source, it's not as insistent as the original, but has a steady feel to it. Ending was weak as hell, but considering the genre, I see the intent.

This one holds up pretty good over time, nice work. :-)

• 3 years later...

I agree with OA - the remix seems to have held up decently over time. I really loved the original; I don't think this mix captured the mysterious sweetness of that, but it's still likable in it's own way. It's got danceability and catchy instrumentation; not a whole lot of flair or dynamic. Might use it as my ringtone here...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00393 - Chrono Cross "Time Scars"