• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think that TWEWY is some kind of mass urban myth. I've checked over ten stores in two countries and have yet to see any physical hint of the existence of this thing...
It took me literally months to find it too. I finally found it in Harrisburg when I was visiting my parents Labor Day weekend.

Truthfully... it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm only on Day 2, but so far the plot seems artificial and I haven't gotten used to the battle system yet--even on the bottom screen. Maybe after I give it some more time...

BTW, if any of you have the capability of running homebrew and are looking for another dual-screen challenge, check out Dual Pac Man http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19182

I'm still working on Apollo Justice, and also Metal Slug 7.

I'm nearly done with Trials and Tribulations. Looking forward to getting my hands on Apollo Justice right after this.

After I'm through with all the Phoenix Wright games out so far, I'm not sure what I'll turn to next... I still have a large backlog of older (SNES, Genesis, and Saturn era) games to work through.

Oh, right... Civilization Revolution. KF

Truthfully... it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm only on Day 2, but so far the plot seems artificial and I haven't gotten used to the battle system yet--even on the bottom screen. Maybe after I give it some more time...

The plot is a little artificial, and it'll be a while before Neku is a sympathetic character... like at all... but there are delicate intricacies behind it all, most of which begin bubbling in the second week and rise to the surface in the third. There are even many details you won't truly grasp until after you've "beaten" the game and work through the endgame, so if you're still on day 2 definitely don't give up yet.

Re: the battle system. I played through the whole game without ever using the top screen, except when it was required. Only after beating everything did I bother trying to coordinate both screens at once. The bottom screen is easiest if you take some time to experiment with many different pin types and find the ones that work for you, then try to stick with similar ones. It probably took me most of the first week to really get used to it, because it is pretty different, but again, stick with it.

OK, so by now, I'm sure some of you have heard it.

http://kotaku.com/5055944/report-new-nintendo-ds-coming-this-year-with-camera-music-playback

New DS with built-in camera and SD card, supports musics, blah, blah, blah. May be DS 2.0, may be new system altogether.

Aaaaaaand, discuss!

it seems like this news is only really pertinent for the japanese - not much hope for the states.

the music player is nice - not so sure about using the camera.

it also supposed to have a bigger screen too

more info: http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/09/28/rumor-new-ds-to-feature-camera-music-playback-sd-slot/#more-44916

New DS with built-in camera and SD card, supports musics, blah, blah, blah. May be DS 2.0, may be new system altogether.

Aaaaaaand, discuss!

You mean 3.0 How easily people forget...

nintendo_ds.jpg

Considering any flash card (R4, CycloOne, etc.) will let you play music via MicroSD and let you use homebrew to do cool online things, I guess it'll come down to the exclusive games for me. Although that second article did promise a bigger screen...

Actually, the DS doesn't handle N64 games very well at all. Mario 64 DS had to be redone from the ground up. Lots of people seem to think that the DS is a portable N64, when that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a bad comparison.

While there are games that are visually equivalent to the N64, the two have very different hardware.

NES, SNES and Gameboy games, sure... but anything else is going to require massive reprogramming or complete redoes to make it work.

I just bought three DS games during GameStop's buy 2 get 1 free sale this weekend. I bought Disgaea, Trauma Center 2, and LEGO Indiana Jones for $48.xx. (All originally $24.99)

(I work at the GameStop, so as soon as some crazy person traded in Disgaea, my manager put it in the "hold" drawer knowing I'd want it without me even being there.)

I finally removed Civ Rev to put in LEGO Indy (so I can finish it and return it within 7 days to buy used Okami Wii instead) and it's a pretty fun little action game. The LEGO games are so great for little kids because it has great action and decent problems to solve without having too much violence or text. And while I'm sure an 8-year-old would love finding everything and getting to 100% completion, I'm planning on just playing through it once and getting rid of it, just so I can say I've played it. (INDY series is not my favorite)

I'm still super stoked I found a used Disgaea DS only 4 days after it came out.